Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Update On the Incident

I was in L's school today for my 'duty' and decided to 'drop by' the canteen during recess. At the same time, to talk to the boy about the incident. L was happily having snacks with her friends. smile I was disappointed that I did not get any reply from the teacher and so I made up my mind to talk to him myself.

On the way down to the canteen, I met some of her classmates and I asked what is that boy like. I've heard from some of L's classmates that he is a very naughty boy. This is not the first time I heard them telling me that and this further confirmed it.

I'm not sure if I did the right thing but since I did not getting any respond from teacher, I talked to him. Funny thing is that all his classmates was very enthusiastic to help me find him. It seemed like they were waiting for someone to talk sense into that boy.

Me: XXX, did you step on L's food the other day during recess?
XXX: Yes. He was pretty nervous when I approached him
Me: Why did you do that?
XXX: I didn't mean to. I was playing & running with Joash and I stepped on it.
I didn't believe him
Me: How can you stepped on the food when it was on the bench?
XXX: .......
Me: Do you know because of what you did, L had to borrow money from teacher to buy food? Do you like it if other kids do the same to you?
XXX: No, I am sorry Auntie.
Me: Is it because you don't like L? This is not the first time you did nasty thing to her and what you did was wrong.
XXX: No, I like her.
Me: Then I don't wish to hear from my girl that you did naughty things to her again. OK? If not, I will not hesitate to call your dad. Moreover, next year you are going to be classmates again.
XXX: Sorry Auntie.

After school, L told me XXX apologised to her and she told him not to be nasty to her anymore or I will call his dad. I think this boy is very scared of his dad so let's hope he has learned his lesson.

5 comments:

Angeline said...

I was discussing this issue after I read the post the other day with Allan...

He had a feeling that the teacher wasn't very 'interested' in the issue... 'cos most teachers are like that, "Ahh... parents nowadays are like that, complain complain complain..." so it would be 'normal' that the teacher didn't take it seriously....

I'm glad you did what you did!

Oliveoylz said...

Bravo! You did the right thing! Really hope it will not happen again.

Louisa May said...

Love your new hair cut and happy belated birthday !! Guess we're both scorpios then ! What happened to L was indeed unfortunate. Hope she's not too traumatized by it.

LZmommy said...

Angeline
I agree with you, that's why I decided to handle it myself. Hubby also think so too. Besides, it is already towards end of the year and the teacher is not going to be her form teacher next yr so why bother right?

Oliveolz
Glad to know another person thinks that I did the right thing :)

Louisa
Thank you Louisa :)

I'm so glad she is not affected by it.

Elaine said...

At least, the good thing is he apologised to you & L. Hopefully he will keep his promise.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies