Sunday, October 04, 2009

Nursing Rooms

I thought I wouldn't be using the nursing room anymore till Beanie comes along. Everywhere I go, I try to locate it first. Sometimes the rooms leaves a good impression but not some and I never know what will I encounter when I use it.


Pic taken 11th Sep 2009 in one of the feeding room. I am impressed that they have a high chair, make it easy for me to feed Beanie.

I enjoy talking to other parents when I see them in the rooms. Most of the times the parents are friendly. We talked about parenting stuffs, exchange ideas and sometimes recipes for babies too.

I remembered the last time we were at the zoo, I used the nursing room at the Children playground. Not too bad... Except that when close the curtain, it was so HOT! I had to leave a gap otherwise I can't feel the aircon at all and Beanie was perspiring. I found out later it was because someone left the door wide open.

While I was enjoying my moments with Beanie, I saw a man came in! If he was alone and have to change for the baby, that I can understand but his wife was there! I had no choice but to close the curtain for privacy and Beanie started perspiring again. I had to fan him with a hanky. I thought he would have the initiative to leave when he sees someone nursing but he stayed on AND stand right in front of my so called room!

Then another family came in.... Not to change diaper, make milk or to nurse. They were there for the air-con! They were in a group of 5 with NO BABY!*faint* I was glad by then, I had finished feeding my baby. So 'happening' in the toilet right?

Another time I was at a mall... I needed to use the nursing room again. I was so glad to find it, only to find it lock (it is a diaper changing room & nursing room) I knocked on the door and try to find out if I can go use too. It is a huge room with sofas. Guess what? A woman replied "Wait ah! I am trying to change my clothes!" Errr...  Isn't this a room for nursing, feeding & changing diaper? Anyway I waited.... after 5 mins, she is still inside!  I told her my baby is very hungry and ask her to hurry. This time she said "Aiya! wait la!" I told her she should go to the toilet which is just next to it.  When she came out, she wasn't apologetic at all!

Some of the rooms are very well equipped but some are so miserable, with just a torn chair for us. Worst of all, was when I come across rooms with such strong smell coz no one bothers to clear the bins that is overflow with used diapers.

I remembered this particular room was good, it was equipped with hot/cold water dispenser. People tends to make use of it, even though there's a sign stated it is strictly for preparing milk/food and nursing. Once, I was nursing Beanie when staff from one of the boutique opened the door abruptly  and wanted to take some water. I told her nicely to wait and explained that Beanie will be distracted.  If she is not yakking loudly over the hp, it is fine with me. It is a public place and I don't own it.  I overheard her telling her friend or whoever that I occupied the room and refused to let her take water!  Aiyo! How can she say that?!  I am pretty sure she is not a mother!

I think I can go on and on about my experience with the nursing rooms.  Hehehe....  How about you?  What was your experience with it?

9 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

How inconsiderate some people can be! I used to find out where the nearest nursing room will be when I do go out. Bring a nursing shawl...it helps at times =)

Angeline said...

So so true that many use that private place for rest. And they are Moms themselves! Talking about the word 'Inconsiderate!'...*shake head*

They literally snored! That was one of my worst experience, nursing my younger one in one room and hearing snoring from another room.
*faint*

NomadicMom said...

Some people are just soooo inconsiderate!

mIcHe said...

something similar happened to me 2 sundays ago. a dad came in the mother's room in church with his 3mo daughter. at the same time, a mother was breastfeeding; he look wor!!! a while later, his wife came in. i tot he will go out but he stayed until the sermon ended! i felt so awkward bf in another man's presence beside my husband. thank God he is just a visitor from kl.

LZmommy said...

Fannie
If you are having a 3rd one, I'm sure you will have to start looking for 1 again ;) Hehehe...

I do bring a lightweight blanket along to cover but sometimes I prefer to bf him in private coz he is easily distracted.

Angeline
What?! Ppl use it to sleep too? Hmmmm... Yet to see that but I'm sure I will one of these days with so many inconsiderate ppl around.

Nomadic Mom
Unfortunately I have to meet such ppl :(

Miche
huh?! Shameless man! How dare he look! Forgot to mention that it did happen to me too and it was in my girl's school! Agggrrhhh...

mummy yio said...

I remembered there was once i was at the nursing room at AMK hub. They stationed a staff there to check and make sure that ppl who goes in either has a baby or a breast pump and my husband was not allowed to go in to find me. Then later i realised that there were students who tried to come in and chill out at the cubicles. No wonder they need to station a staff there to keep ppl out.

mummy yio said...

I remembered there was once i was at the nursing room at AMK hub. They stationed a staff there to check and make sure that ppl who goes in either has a baby or a breast pump and my husband was not allowed to go in to find me. Then later i realised that there were students who tried to come in and chill out at the cubicles. No wonder they need to station a staff there to keep ppl out.

Oliveoylz said...

Now this is something new to me...treating the nursing room as a fitting room? Madness!

jean said...

jane, sorry but i can't help and laugh as i read this post... u made it sounds funny... but yes there are alot of inconsiderate ppl out there...

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies