Thursday, June 22, 2006

National Stadium

We were at the stadium this morning for the school's 'BIG' walk. Trip has been postponed twice coz of the rain. The older children enjoyed the trip more but not for the younger ones, don't think they know where we were or what's happening. They played some games and walked around the track. We visited the sport museum and Z enjoyed playing the drum in the museum.... Never knew there was a sport museum at the stadium.

We were lucky to see part of the rehearsal for the National Day Parade.

The last time I was at the stadium was in year 2000 to watch the Singapore - Liverpool soccer match, then I was 5 months pregnant with L. Are they tearing down the stadium? It will be sad though....

My mood was dampened by someone from the school. Think I have been too nice, always there to help and now they took advantage of me or is it because I'm easier to 'makan"? They asked if I would like to help for the day, and of coz I don't mind. That 'someone' then told me "you are here to help and not as a parent" What? You can't deny the fact that I'm a parent and I paid fees for my 2 kids! And I'm always willing to pay for the trip! Not forgetting that I'm not a trained teacher and it's the school's responsibilty to take care of them and not me!

Anyway, My children enjoyed the trip and lucky that they don't know such an incident happen to mommy. In future, I will not help when they ask me to and I will still insist that I follow Z for the trip (till he knows how to tell me what is happening) even if that means I have to find my way there on my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyo...who's the person who made such insensitive remarks....that's one thing about Singapore I hate, taking people for granted!!! Heck care them, next time tell them you are coming as a PARENT...full stop.....

Anonymous said...

arlow... wanted to know where you got that nice scrapbook template for your pix... can let me know pls? many thanks!!! ;)

LZmommy said...

Jan
Haiz... That's what my DH said too. Yup! I will tell them that in future.

Mamabliss
Sorry I can't remember where I got it. I've been downloading the freebies from the net that I blur liao...

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies