Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bedtime.....

Every night before bedtime, they will have a bedtime story ( most of the time, if not too late or mommy/daddy not lazy, hehehe...) then L will say her prayer and Z will drink his milk. Recently, they have a new ritual, to sing songs/rythmes! Once Z climb into his bed, he will say,"mommy, sing song?" Gagaga... How can I say no?



L started saying her prayer more than 1 1/2 yr ago, then she asked me,"mommy, how do you talk to God?" Hmmm... How do you tell a 3 yr old how to talk to God? I told her to treat God like a friend, someone that you can confide to. Am I right? I think so.... She thank God for a peaceful day and to lead her the right way. If she is naughty during the day, she ask God to forgive her. When she started saying her prayer 1 yr ago, it was so sweet of her to ask God to take care of us and her bro and even our dog too! I was shocked! I didn't teach her that and slowly, she ask God to take care of her other family members too, like grandparents, aunties, uncles & cousins. Then her lists get longer..... Now, she ask God to take care of us, other family members, her friends and their family members and Singapore (she started mentioning Singapore when she knew that she is a Singaporean) too. I am very touch by her thought.... It was very sweet of my little girl to think of everyone in her prayer.


Z recently started to say his prayer too. He saw his jiejie doing it and he is learning from her. Again, I was very shocked! I have never forced them to do it. Of coz, his prayer is not as long as L and he's still learning to talk, he will say Thank you God and then 'Amen'. So cute hor?


I know the day will come when they will tell me that don't need me to tell them stories, sing songs with them. At this moment, I'm enjoying every minutes of it. Perhaps in future, they will be the one telling me stories when I am too old to read.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, impressive leh....

LZmommy said...

Thank you...

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies