Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lunar New Year Chess Fiesta 2012

This is the first event that LZ participate that was held in the mall.  I wasn't very keen honestly but the kids want to and it was to support Philip (the organiser).  Well, for the fun and to be with their friends, I signed them up.  I thought it wasn't a good idea as there's too many people walking around the mall and it will be a distraction for my kids.

 While waiting for the first round to start...
 Chatting & playing with friends that he knew through competitions.
 Caught him playing hand game while waiting for the game to start.  That means he was getting restless.
 Now you know why I said it's a distraction.  Parents were all standing too close to the tables. 
 My dreamer....  Probably thinking what to have for dinner! Haha... 
 What a surprise!  L was the RUNNER-UP for the girls! 
My girl was so happy to have such a big trophy!   Well done girl! ♥

My boy did not want to take any pic after the event...  He was very disappointed that he did not win any medal.  He can't understand why jiejie gt a trophy when she won lesser games and he knew he would have if he had not blundered the rounds that he shouldn't have.  I explained that for girls, they have lesser players (in most competitions).  It's ok son, just do better at the next competition. ♥ Z was in the 10th position for U10.  Actually he did pretty well.

L's result:

Rd 1 (bd 5) - Jeremiah Xie (1131) lost
Rd 2 (bd 8) - Harshita won
Rd 3 (bd 7) - Glen Chan (1068) won
Rd 4 (bd 6) - I Shiuan (1089) lost
Rd 5 (bd 5) - Aiden Lau (1135) lost
Rd 6 (bd 8) - Brendan Goh lost
Rd 7 (bd 10) - Ian Ho lost

Z's result:

Rd 1 (bd 4) - Royce Tan (1200) lost
Rd 2 (bd 12) -  Russell Tan won
Rd 3 (bd 6) - Sneha G. (1076) lost
Rd 4 (bd 11) - Daren Huang won
Rd 5 (bd 6) - Sanjith (1129) lost
Rd 6 (bd 10) - Keith Teo won
Rd 7 (bd 8) -  Brendan Goh lost

2 comments:

Angeline said...

I would be jumping for joy, if I, at L's age can get such a big trophy!
You know, kids always like 'big big things'....errrr... except for iPad I guess? *laugh*

LZmommy said...

Haha... Yeah, kids like that! :D I think they would like ipad too, bigger screen to play games ;)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies