Saturday, February 07, 2009

Beanie @ 37+ Weeks

Yes! Beanie & I 'survived' another week 'together'!What a good boy he is! To let mommy enjoy another CNY gathering with friends! We waited a long time at the clinic today. Looks like the bonus that the government is giving worked! Saw many preggie mommies today.

It was another usual checkup today and I learned something too. Being a mother of 2 (for now), I just found out a baby position called 'star-gazing position'. So ignorant right? I was asking my Doc if the time to deliver Beanie will be shorter than LZ that I found out about this. She told me it is hard to predict... Why I ask? Coz many people told me "Wa! 3rd one already! When you are in labour, better go hospital fast! sure come out very fast one!" Doc told me it is not true... She said if baby in 'star-gazing position', then it will takes longer.

An abnormal position of the baby's head can make for slow progress of labour.
Normally, the head will be facing downwards with the neck of the baby bent forward and the chin resting on the chest. If the head descends into the pelvis with the neck extended and facing upwards (‘star-gazing’), there could be trouble in the form of a protracted labour. This state of affairs increases the possibility of instrumental delivery (forceps or ventouse) or caesarean section.
*Info from HERE*

Beanie's head circumference is the same as Z now, at 34cm (estimate). For L, it was 36cm and doc said L is considered a big baby then. She said I shouldn't have any problem delivering Beanie this time since the head size is similar. That means I will not be having epidural again....

Today I collected my medications for my post delivery. So fast isn't it? Now we are just waiting.... Wonder when Beanie will decide to come out. I can hardly walk much nowadays... 5 mins of walk or 5 mins of standing is like a torture to me... Of coz, I would love him to stay inside me till full term.

LZdaddy thinks that I am over paranoid this time... He keeps telling me to calm down. But how to calm down when our helper still not here yet? She will only be here next week. I worried for LZ.... What if Beanie decide to come out when LZ need me at that time? Who will handle them? Who will get ready their food? Who will go through their school work? The list goes on.... I was telling my friend I hope Beanie will choose to come out on a weekend, so I have less worries for LZ. I know for sure my in law's side will be able to help me then... But this is so unpredictable isn't it?

Up till now, I yet to pack my hospital bag! I think I got everything ready... Or not? I need to charge the batteries for my camera & video cam. I need to get pressies foLZ on behalf of Beanie. OK.... I think I am not so ready afterall...

8 comments:

Angie said...

oh no!! i am feeling anxious for you too!! are you having a confinement lady to help you?

blurblur said...

Awww...how exciting...counting down now...relax and stay calm! :) Do keep me posted when you pop k? Hee! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry.....everything will be just fine....number 3 already....remember?!?! Jia you Jia you

I don't have your number.....Blur Blur have your handphone number anot? If she has then I will bug her to let me know when you pop.....this is a exciting.....

MomsyWorld said...

keep us posted on the latest developments! Wishing u a smooth delivery! Jiayou!

LZmommy said...

Angie
Finally decided to get a confinement lady to help :)

BlurBlur
Yes :) Will sms you when I pop!

Jan
I will jiayou! :) Yes, BlurBlur has my number.

Fannie
Thank you :) Will definitely keep you posted :)

LHS said...

i feel like going to pop soon when i read you post..haha, i can feel the jitter here too

better don't worry too much, the more you worry the more you stress! take care!

Lydia said...

LZmommy! How exciting! May you have a smoooooooth and safe delivery :)

Angeline said...

Ahhhh..... so exciting!!!!
be cool, be cool.... breathe breathe breathe.... *laugh*

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies