Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What Should I do?

Before I talk abt why I said I'm a irresponsible/lazy mommy, let me just update on what happen to the case. Teacher told me that they have spoken to L but she didn't want to tell them anything, so I had to talked to L with the teacher presence and to reassure her that she didn't do anything wrong and we just want to find out more.

Teacher told me that this boy is having some problem which I do not want to discuss it here. She assured me that she will keep a look out and L and the rest of the classmates apparently have been told to tell teachers if the boy ever do anything to them (and they have this special corner for him).

L did mentioned xxxx before and she's ok with him, sometimes she will tell me that xxxx said dun want to be her friend anymore (it's very common among children) and blah blah blah.... Honestly, I wished I can just tell her to stay away from him (someone that hurt my girl u know), but I can't teach my kids this. It is not right. I told her be more careful next time and to tell me if it happen again.

Am I irresponsible?
I found out something abt my girl..... I was told by 'someone' that she wrote things in mirrored form, something that I've noticed but thought it was normal for children of her age to do that. In term of her academic(writing skills), she's a little behind her peers. Should I believe her? Btw, she 's starting her own enrichment classes....

I find myself such a iresponsible mother at times, leaving the education to school or you can simply says I'm lazy. I don't set routine for her academic, thinking that she's only K1 and only 4 1/2 yrs old. Why stress her? Let her enjoy her childhood. So I never placed her in any enrichment classes or ask her to do homework everyday etc. I thought her writing skill was alright.


Last week I met my classmates and their children are of my kids' age, their children have started on enrichment classes. One of them even signed up as a volunteer for their desired primary school! Goodness! When they asked me, I told them I hope she can get into this XXX school too, if not never mind lor, a school nearby will be ok.

I'm confident to say that L is very good at art, making up stories for story-telling time, teaching her didi how to read & pic books ( she can be a teacher liao), tell him what's in the pic and didi does follow and say it out loud. She has no problem with speech, keen in learning, ask alot of whys and the list goes on.....


What should I do now? Sign her up for classes? Yes, I am.... For ballet or music classes, things that interest her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Just want to share
1. Any Primary schools will do - really. Like my ex-principal used to see, its not the school but the teacher u get that really matters. My son has 'special needs' so I have 'special reasons' to want him to go to a 'choice' school. Otherwise, I am fine with any schools for the kids.
2. I agree that we shd sign them up for enrichment which interest the kids :)
3. I am also lazy. But really need to set up a routine for the kids. Routine is very impt for us to - to ensure that we spend quality time with them.
4. Need to homeschool a lil. But lessons can be fun and seen as spending time doing things together. Never go for the sit down and drill with assessment books mode. Kills the child interest.
Just sharing based on my exp. *wink*
HTH

LZmommy said...

Janice
Thanks for the advice! :) WIll consider enrolling her in some classes.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies