Friday, November 28, 2008

We Catch & Eat It

27th Nov 2008

Photobucket

A Fun Fun Day for LZfamily! So what was it that we catch and eat? Prawns lor! Hahaha.... lol We have been out of the house since 11+am and didn't get home till 10+ pm! Weather was great! After prawning, we went to Ikea Tampines for dinner and went over to Giant Tampines. Call me a 'mountain tortise', I have never been to Giant @ Tampines and it is HUGE! My legs were aching like mad and so were LZ! I think we seriously need a break during weekend, I mean ME! razz

Don't intend to write much and let the pics do the 'talking'!wink
Photobucket
We walked around the fish farm before we went for prawning.

Photobucket
Come, pose for mommy before we start!smile

Photobucket
Both ready for prawning! We had the whole prawning section to ourselves!

Photobucket
L was very excited to catch the prawns first, of coz with mommy's help. Hehehe...

Photobucket
I was very happy to see both my babies spending time doing something different and it was another great way for family bonding. I don't think we can do this often when Beanie join us, maybe when he is older.

Photobucket
When Z saw jiejie caught one, he was disappointed that he didn't. Since I have the luck to catch it, I gave Z a helping hand and he caught one. smile

Photobucket
After catching 4 prawns, we waited and....

Photobucket
waited.... While waiting, we munched on snacks that I packed along. We were surprised that both were so patient to wait so long. We planned to do 'fishing' for only 2 hours but Z requested for another hour coz he wanted to catch another one (which they did without our helpsmile). We obliged coz we think it is good way to 'train' them to be patient.

Photobucket
These were the catch of the day. I thought it was very miserable to catch only 7 prawns.... Ok... At least they are big! smile

Photobucket
Instead of bringing it back home, we baked it at the farm. We will definitely come back coz the prawns were bigger than those that we caught the last time and they have an oven and seasoning for our use! Gosh! I just realised the last time we did prawning was in Oct 2006!

Photobucket
Savouring the prawns... I think it was exceptionally tasty coz they caught it. smile LZdaddy calculated and told us the prawns were expensive ok..neutral 3 hours and we caught only 7.

Mainland Tropical Fish Farm
No.1 Pasir Ris Farmway 1, Singapore 519352

Besides prawn fishing, they have fish spa therapy too. Btw, I am not paid to advertise for them hor.smile Good thing must share right? wink

7 comments:

Angeline said...

Hmmm... FARM!!! I'm all up and energetic liao! But to go all the way to Pasir Ris.... hmmm... got to seek my 'driver's permission first... *pout*

kelly said...

Wow, what a fun day! It's great to do something different. :p

blurblur said...

Hey, we're heading to the fish farm this Saturday, let's see if we can catch any prawn..hehe...Damien went with the daddy last weekend and he managed to catch some guppies! :)

Looks like you guys really had fun!!

icfamily5 said...

Just to share with you that there is another Prawn fishing in Punggol Marina. The prawns there look big too and if I am not wrong, you can get the seafood restaurant there to cook it for you but think you need to pay for cooking.

Seeing you guys having fun with prawn fishing, I think my boys will love it too.

Astee said...

hi LZmommy,

Seem like you guys are having lotsa of fun too..haha. Good on you to get some walk and fresh air too.

cheers,
astee

NomadicMom said...

Looks like fun! Maybe I should drag my kids to some kind of fish farm too. But don't think we dare to eat what we catch though...donno clean or not. The water here so dirty.

J@n!ce said...

You have given me an idea where to bring the boys this weekend. Nice pic of your kiddos. They are so entertaining to watch :):)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies