Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fundraising Day!


This morning after getting my babies ready for school, I was at the computer again... Checking thru the lists, hoping that I did not missed out anything. When I arrived at the school, I saw the K2 children were loading the goodies onto the bus, all if them were eager to help.



We received warm welcome from the church members when we arrived. All the children were very excited that they will be performing for the old folks. I thought L & some of her friends might have stage fright but I was wrong! From the videos, you can tell that L enjoyed it!

As I can't decide which video to publish, here are all the videos! I'm a kiasu mommy,holding hp on my left hand & video cam on my right!!






They did a medley of abt 8 songs (english & chinese) for the old folks. They even have bday celebration for guests that is born in the month of May! Katherine and 2 children(born in the month of May) went up to make their bday wishes and did cake cutting with them.

After the performance, we went to the hall... After the old folks finished their lunch, the children give out the goodies. They make rounds to make sure that everyone has a goodie bag. It was very sweet of the church members to prepare lunch for us & they gave the kids goodie bags (sweets, chocs etc!) too!




From the pastor, we found out that most of the old folks live in 1 room HDB flats and some of them have not received presents for years/they are single/they have no family. The church organises thursday lunch every week for them. They will have lunch, or pick up 2nd hand clothes or sometimes they have people visiting to give out goodies to them. I am very glad that L & me were involved in this project. We should appreciate what we have and not take things for granted.

By the time we reached school, it was already 1+pm. I rushed home to buy last mins items & brought the puddings to school. Talking abt the pudding, I would like to thank my dear colleague, Shima for sponsoring it.

We (Parent volunteers) starting moving the tables & chairs out when we arrived, then we heard the thunder! Oh no... We have no choice but to moved everything under the shelter. While waiting for the rain to stop, we get the children to cut the peppers, tomatoes and sausages. See the pics? They look so serious.... Meanwhile, the rest of the children were in the music room. Why? Coz we took all the tables! Hehehe... My precious boy was in the room too. I brought some VCDs for them to watch, no tables & chairs so no schoolwork! Hmmm... I bet the children must be very happy right? Gagaga...


At 4+pm, the rain stopped! Hurray! We rushed to set up the place.... Guests started coming in at 5pm.... Initially, the kids were doing ok, till they see the cold drinks! We have to encourage them to continue serving... After 1/2 hr or more, they started playing at the playground or eating, that includes my girl. Z joined in too.... Well, who was serving the guests then? Parent volunteers lor.... :) They deserved a break... It has been a long day for them.



Someone suggested that we should sell the balloons. That was a gd idea! Think we raised alot of $$ from it! Children ( my kids too!) crowd around Mindy (Parent volunteer) & me telling us what colours they want. Children's drawing were sold out! And most of the food too! Look at the pic.... Is that how I look like? Gagaga.....



Gd news is that we raised more than $1000 ( more than I expected)! Yippee Hurray! It was a success! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all parent volunteers, children and the school for their help, and to all parents, family members & friends for their donations ( if they ever read my blog :>).








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Sorry for intruding...your kids are adorable! I see they have a lot of fun in their school. May I know what and where is the school? Is it Learning Vision?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Sorry for intruding...Your kids are adorable! May I know which and where the school is? Is it learning vision? Your kids seem to have a lot of fun there.

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone including yourself had a great day at the church...

LZmommy said...

Yup! It was a great learning experience for the kids. :)

Anonymous said...

mybabies,
U didnt tell me which school leh?

LZmommy said...

Hi kc,
Do u have any website that I can visit?
Sorry... It's not learning vision. I would prefer not to mention which school. It's 1 of the schools in katong. Just in case in future I have negative things to say la.... Pls do understand.
Thanks for dropping by....

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies