Monday, April 23, 2007

Parent /Teacher Session (Art Class) -L

I was surprised to know that for art lesson they have PTS. L's teacher - Teacher Fiqah & Z's teacher - Teacher Tricia.

L - Teacher Fiqah (TF) said L has been doing great till this few weeks, L was seen bored with the class and have complaints too. Well, I have noticed that too. She is currently at L 4. TF also showed me works that were done at different levels.
- she is not bringing home as much work as her brother.
- she seems distracted during lesson. She will go to her brother and says things like "didi, come I help you" etc

So TF was wondering is she alright. I told her that L ws upset that she is not bringing home the same numbers of work as compared to her brother. I did talked to L abt it and she is keen to continue with her lessons but she was hoping to bring bk more work. I have explained to her before that, as she is older, she will be doing different kind of work from her bro that need more time to complete. TF asked me what kind of pics does L like to draw. I told her she would like to draw fairies & people. She has been saying that she is unable to draw people nicely.

After discussion, TF & me decided to work on that. TF will teach her how to draw fairies and other stuffs that she is interested in.

After talking to her this evening, I was right abt her behavior for the past few lessons. She is upset that she is not bring home more work. Then I have to explained to her again that she is a big girl now and she needs to progress farther, by drawing more refine pics. I asked her what pics would she like to draw and I was right! She excitedly told me she wants to draws fairies, people, animals etc. I encouraged her to tell TF that. She is looking forward to her next lesson! Well, we will see how it goes, if she continues to behave like this, I will have to withdraw her from the class. I don't want to see my girl not enjoying it at all.

2 comments:

LHS said...

how about you buy some drawing book for her, those book has certain pictures and kids can trace the picture in the line provided. maybe can help her impove.

Anonymous said...

You have a very keen learner here... very good!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies