Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Our New Pet!

Can you see it?While I was cooking on Monday evening, Z came running towards me "mommy! There is something in your room!" . He found a ladybird on my bed! Yucks! How did it get into my room? I have to get rid of it! Then I thought, why don't I try to catch it and let them have a closer look? I quickly ran to the kitchen to get an empty container and with the lid, I managed to put it in.

L suggested, "mommy, can I bring it to school to show my friends? " That's a good idea! The next day, both fight to bring it to school. Since it was L who suggested that, I decided that L will bring it to school first. Z was unhappy but when I told him the next day it will be his turn, he was alright.

They were sad when I told them that we can't keep the ladybird. I had to come out with stories that the family will miss it, maybe it is a mommy/daddy and the children looking for it, blah blah... When they heard that, they think that we should let it go too. When Z brought it to school, they reminded each other to say farewell to it. So cute hor?

They had fun showing it to their friends. The teachers were happy too that they brought it along especially Z's teacher. She asked if she can keep it to show it the other class. Why not? We intend to set it free today after Z's turn. Think they missed their Show & Tell session in their old school.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are lucky it's only a labybird (so cute), can you imagine if it was another other insect?!?! wah pengz...not sure if you heard of the stinking bug (chou chong)....they really do stink....faintzh

LZmommy said...

I can't imagine if it's a cockroach! I will be running away from it! Hehehe... Stinking bug? Don't know what that is, maybe I have seen it before. I don't want to see it too since it stink. :)

Anonymous said...

Which school is Z attending now? Do you mean there's no Show & Tell session at his new school?

LHS said...

Z always can come out with a great idea..pity the ladybird.. LOL!

LZmommy said...

Kelly
They are attending a church kindergarten and due to time constraint (3 hr programme), there are no S & T sessions. Teachers are OK when they bring things like this to school though.

Huisia
Hehehe... That's why we released it after the show & tell.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that the school has a show and tell session. Maybe I should put that in my criteria to look out for school

blurblur said...

Can you believe that i'm afraid of lady bug...hehe... but i really am!!

So your kids really lucky they have a brave mummy!! And it's such a good idea for them to bring it to school to show to their friends and teachers!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies