Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday

Today the school was having a Teacher - Parent Dialogue Session so I decided to leave my babies with my mom. Then godma called, we decided to let them bring Z out so that grandma can spend some time alone with L ( something that grandma wants to do for a long time).

When I told L, she was upset.... She said she would like to be with godparents when she knew that Z will be spending time with them. I had to explain to her that godparents were doing me a favour, taking care of didi so that she can spend some time alone with grandma. After much coaxing, she was OK till godparents came to pick Z. Grandma quickly brought her out for shopping. She was sulky throughout.... Haiz.... My poor mom, she had to bear with her nonsense. I called her to assure her that we will meet them after the session.

As for Z, he had a good time with godparents, they went to the bird park! Think it has been years they went there coz godma will "melt" under the sun! Hahaha... Unfortunately it started to rain and they had to cut short the trip.

Back to the session... It was an opportunity for the teachers & parents to meet up. We talked abt the goals of the school and to clear any questions/doubts parents have for the school. I just found out the school has been around for 58 years! In 2 yrs time, they have a big celebration for their 60th anniversary and by then, Z will be in K2. What a yr to remember :) It is a very good kindergarten and others staying far away attend the school too. Parents who used to study there 30+ yrs ago attended the session too coz their children are in the school now. So nice right? To have your children study in a school that you used to attend, it definitely bring back lots of memories for them.

I talked to the teachers abt LZ. I asked L teacher how was her progress and was glad to find out that she is doing well in class. Z's teacher said that Z is doing very well too. He gets along very well with his classmates.

Finally we get to see her smiling face

At 5+, I meet up with godparents & Z and we waited for L to come back. She was so happy when she saw us. Before we leave, I explained to L what she has done wrong and she apologised to grandma for her bad behavior.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for your mummy, she must have felt awful...hope she is feeling much better after L apologised for her behaviour.

the school is celebrating their 60th anniverary, that's quite HUGE hor, think the event will be quite a big one too.

L looked so grown up in that photo....

And as for your kids, I have no doubt they will do well in school cos you raised them extremly well. They are my kids' rold model leh....and you are MY role model...kekekek

LHS said...

that's a long history school..i think the school is good since it can last 58yrs, seldom have this kind of kindy now..how lucky both LZ can study there.

blurblur said...

Wow..i've seldom heard of a kindergarten that's been around that long! This must be a very good school! :)

You must be very proud that both L & Z are doing well in school! Hee, you brought them up well that's why! :)

Did L put on make up (lipstick) in that picture? She looks so grown up..pretty girl! :)

Anonymous said...

she's lovely in that pic and so pose-y :)

Ur mom is great to torlerate her nonsense just because she felt upset about not being able tojoin Didi...

At the end, she spologise *big applause*...at least she knew she was in the wrong :)

Anonymous said...

So gd! LZ can study there. It mus be a very gd school as it had been gg on for so many years.

LZmommy said...

Jan
I feel bad for my mom too...

Don say that la :) We share experiences ok? I always admire you, having to take care of everything when your hubby away and you are a FTWM! And you yet to see they are terrorists! Hahaha...

Huisia & Mamatang
We are indeed lucky to get into the school, I know some are on the waiting list.

Blur Blur
Thank you :) You raised Damien very well too. He is such a sweet boy :)
She did not put on any makeup though she has asked for it :)

Fannie
Thank you :) My girl very vain, whnever she strike a pose, she will ask if she looks gd. Probably the practices paid off! Hahaha...
I was happy that she realised she was wrong too.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies