Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm A Mom: Imagine I'm Not There All The Time

 “What are my kids up to?”  This is what bothers me the most whenever they are not with me…  Whether they are attending classes or when I am out running the errands with them under the care of the helper at home.  All children are vulnerable to accidents or diseases anytime and anywhere!

When L & Z are in school, I worry if they will hurt themselves especially during their PE lessons.  More so for Z because he had fractured his arm not once but TWICE!  I was so disappointed and felt guilty for what had happened especially the 2nd time because I was with him at the playground and I was unable to prevent the mishap from happening!

During recess time, I wonder if L will order the ‘right’ food to eat.  Does she have a balanced diet in what she had ordered?  Too much protein and carbohydrates but insufficient of fiber etc  What if she is careless and loose her purse and has no money to buy food.  What if the queue is too long and she is unable to  finish her food on time.  What if she never wash her hands before having her meals and is taken ill………………

I think my greatest worry for now would be Beanie.  At 7 months, he is more vulnerable to diseases than anyone of us.  His immune system is not as strong as ours, and I am very paranoid when I have to bring him out to crowded places like shopping malls etc .  At this age, he begins to grab things and put it into his mouth.  You never know what goes into his mouth!

As parent, don’t you think we have so much to worry about?

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies