Friday, September 25, 2009

Bento #135 ✽ Field Trip ✽ Hanphone



In the box: Chicken burger wrapped in foil, diced water apples and fruit loops. 

My girl went to Jurong Bird park for the field trip.  She told me for the English paper 1, they are to write about this trip.  Field trips are no longer the same when they are in primary school.  In kindergarten, they all looked forward to field trip, it was all about fun.

Today is the FIRST time my girl brought a handphone for her field trip!  I know, it is too early for her to own one.... But when I renewed my contract with Singtel recently, I had a choice of upgrading my current one at a cheaper price or get a free hp.  LZdaddy recently got me a new hp which I really like so we chose the latter.   I know L wanted to have hp & a camera so I got her a hp with a good camera function.

Needless to say,  she was excited! Of coz we set rules for her before we give it to her (last night).  She is not supposed to carry it with her to school unless we see the need to.  She still calls me during recess but I told her to use coins instead.  I don't see the need for her to bring to school at this point coz I'm always early when I pick her up and there is a phone booth in school.  She will have the hp when she goes for ballet and enrichment classes.  That is when my helper send her for ballet class, if I have any new helper coming and I usually run my errands when they go for classes. 

I always tell my kids to be humble.  They don't have to 'show off' to their friends when they have something new.  Knowing how excited she is and can't wait to show her friends from school, I have to remind her that.  They are other rules that I told her and I also said that I can add rules when I see the need to.

When she leaves for the trip, I told her to take some pics of herself at the park and she totally forgot about it.  She took plenty of pics of the bird show and the birds of coz.  She also sms me for the very first time!  Not to LZdaddy but to me!  Hehehe....

3 comments:

Angeline said...

I changed my phone just few days ago too!
changed to Sony Ericsson C905, the video and camera shots were SUPERB!

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

L is a very sensible girl and i believe she will obey mommy's rule..hee.

Good to have ownership at times..: P

Cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Angeline
Aiya! Should have told me earlier :) I was at lost which hp to choose for her.

Astee
Hopefully she will :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies