Monday, October 12, 2009

I’m A Mom… Being a protective mom, boosting his natural defences…

Building the natural defenses of my 3 children begins the very first thing daily. Big hugs and kisses are inevitable - these are just the appetizers only. The most important of all - I am in control of what they will eat for the day. Most often, I will try my very best to prepare breakfast personally before they are off for their school.

L is in primary 2 now and she spends at least 5 hours in school daily. During days where she needs to stay for extra curriculum, her lunch is also settled in school as well. Therefore, to ensure a balanced diet - I will prepare bento for her whenever I can.

Bento #31
Nutrition and attractiveness are the 2 keys that can be found in the bento. Personally, I found that the food sold in the canteen are not as nutritious or healthy as I would love them to be. L tends to order her favorite fish ball noodle very often. It can be quite “boring” when eating the same thing over and over again! Vegetables and fruits are definitely a must for my kids.

Other than a balanced diet - I am very strict with their personal hygiene as well. My kids are taught to wash their hands after play and especially before having meals/snacks. They will take their shower right after they come back from school. The importance of keeping one’s cleanliness at all times has been explained to them and the poster that shows the proper steps in washing hands (given by the school) can be found on the wall besides the sink.

Now that Beanie is at the teething and crawling stage, he tends to explore every corner of the house and put whatever he picks up into his mouth. Therefore, both L and Z are taught to d0 their part in keeping the house clean. The floor is swept and mopped daily and the toys are also washed and dried after each game.

Last but not least, both L and Z have cultivated a good habit of sleeping as early as 8.30pm and wake up at 6.45am (later hour during weekends). I believe children at this age should have a healthy body and mind to enjoy their childhood life to the fullest.

Watching them grow and listening to their laughter each day is the happiest moment of my life!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies