Thursday, October 22, 2009

Registration - Z

It was an exciting day for Z!  Not that he has never been to the primary school, he goes there almost everyday with me to pick jiejie up from school.  He went into the school a few times, when we registered jiejie in P1 and to the bookstore.  This time it was different!  He was there as a soon-to-be student!

We received the letter from the school and was asked to register for Z this afternoon and to go for an 'interview'.   The first thing was the interview....  Z went into of the rooms and was asked to read some words and the 'interviewer' chat with him.  It was to access his reading ability and to place him in the right class.  Before we went to the school (& since few days ago), I reminded him many times to greet the person-in-charge and to read the words/sentences clearly.  I know he can do it but as a mommy, I just can't help reminding him many times. He told me it was very easy and I was relieved to know he was able to do it.  Phew!


While he was doing that, LZdaddy filled up the necessary forms and waited for his turn to submit it.  I was busied chatting with some of the mommies while carrying Beanie.  Thereafter, we proceed to the uniform store.  *Sob* .....  Z tried on the uniform and I started tearing... My little boy has grown so much! I remembered clearly the same thing happened when L tried on the uniform too.  I wanted to take the pic of him then but it was tough when I had Beanie in the sling with me.

When we got home,  I can't resist asking him to put on the uniform for me.  Yes!  His mommy can't wait to see him in that uniform, knowing that he will be wearing it for the next 6 years... Me, silly mommy, started tearing again...  He was just trying out the uniform and I teared!  When my LZ saw that, they came over to hug me.  My sweet sweet babies...

3 comments:

Angeline said...

Hhhmmmm... so this is the new way of categorising them in school eh?
Ling's girl went through a TEST.
Your Z went through an interview.
None of my nieces went through any of these.

*giggle*
I think Keatkeat's orientation next Saturday... hmmm... might be the last class...
cos' Mommy is not focusing much on his academic, even at home.
*giggle*

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Next year will be my turn. Seeing how Primary Schools are "streaming" the P1, i am really feeling the HEAT!!

Lucky starting Anders on some tuition/enrichment classes and hope he can pass the Test/Interview when his time comes.

Didn't remember Anthea was tested cos school already allocated Class before ORientation... : P

astee

blurblur said...

You mean they are already streaming the students even before they're in P1? This is so stressful..

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies