Friday, May 18, 2007

She Cried

Few days ago we were packing away the toys that they don't want. I was disappointed that she gave away the toys that her bro bought for her when he was born. This was what happen.....

We were in the playroom and they were doing their homework and that was when I realised the toy are no longer there.

Me : Sweetie, where is the Pooh Bear train set?

L : Oh! I gave it to daddy. I don't want that anymore.

Me : What? Do you remember who gave you that present?

L : ...........

Me : It was your didi who bought that for you when he was born! How could you give that away? You know, it was his 1st present for you. Even if you don't want it, you shouldn't give it away. The present is very special....


Her eyes was red and she bend her head even lower while writing. After awhile

L : I remembered now that the present was from didi.... Do you think daddy can take back the present for me? ( she was looking at her bro then at me)

Me : Haiz... I don't think so...

She started crying softly and was still doing her homework.

I think I was too harsh with her and expect too much from her.... I have to remind myself that after all, she is only 5 yrs old... It hurt to know that she gave the toy away and to see her crying..... I gave her a big hug and told her what is done cannot be undone....

I'm sorry Sweetie.... Mommy expect too much from you and sometimes it slipped my mind that you are only 5. Many a times, I have been treating you like an adult.... I shouldn't expect you to read my mind. I love you.... Pls forgive mommy...

***********************************************************************************

Another time I was feeling very emotional...

She saw me tearing in the toilet

L : Mommy, are you ok?

Me : Yes....

L came towards me and gave me a big hug. That was what I needed.... Then started crying with me.

Then she went to daddy (probably she knew no one can make me upset except daddy)

L : Daddy, why you don't love mommy as much as before? You cannot treat mommy like that!

Daddy : .....( I don't know what he said)


She nagged at him and asked him to love me more! Hahaha.... That's my sweet sweet girl! Immediately I started laughing! Having her is such a joy! She definitely brighten my mood :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's such a sweetie... She knew it's Daddy who made Mummy unhappy. It's great to have a daughter! :)

blurblur said...

Girls naturally more sensitive than boys huh? :) She's such a sweet little one...

We intend to get something for Damien when didi is born too..but still cracking our head on what to get..haha..:P

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies