Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hand Over

LZ @ Work

I have been taking of their Terro since December and LZ have been helping me once in awhile to wash his container and feed him. Today I decided that they should take full responsibility of Terro ( we don't know whether Terro is a male or female and I decided that it should be a male).

They were very happy as usual when I asked them to bring Terro to the toilet. I told them I will not do anything at all and they should take over. Both were so excited!
L : "Really? Mommy, you mean we do everything on our own?"
Me : Yes. Jiejie you will be in charge of washing the container and didi you will be in charge of washing the pebbles. Please make sure that everything are cleaned before you put Terro back inside.
Think it works better when I use the words IN CHARGE. Hehehe...
Z : Hurray! I wash the pebbles!
L : Yeah! I wash the container!

In the toilet, jiejie turned on the tap and Z took Terro and the pebbles out of the container. Then L started washing the container and Z wanted to help jiejie.
L : No, didi, you wash the pebbles remember?
Z : OK jiejie. I wash the pebbles then I help you ok?
L : ok
After washing the pebbles, didi went to helped jiejie. What was I doing? I was standing outside the toilet looking at them and doing nothing! This is great! Honestly, they did a good job. Well done my babies! And without me telling them, they fed Terro after putting him back in the living room ( I usually feed it after washing the container).
Me : How many pieces did you feed Terro?
L : I give 1 and didi give 1.
Me : Good job babies! Mommy very happy that both of you can take care of Terro.
L: Mommy, when do I need to wash him again?
She can't wait for the next wash.... I told her every alternate day they will have to wash it and to feed him once everyday. Hope this enthusiasm will last....

7 comments:

Little Impala said...

It's really good that you actually let them take care of their pet! It teaches them not only love for animals but also responsibility! :)

Anonymous said...

your kids are simply wonderful kids......see how happy they are when you put them IN CHARGE?!?! kekekeke

LZmommy said...

Crazymommy
Thank you :) Yup! You are right and I was lazy too. Hehehe....

Jan
Maybe your hubby will let Rays be IN CHARGE of his fishes too? Hehehe...

blurblur said...

Yeah, let them learn about care and responsibility through taking care of little pets. I can see from the picture that they're doing a good job! :)

Anonymous said...

whoa .
they do stuff together ?
thats like so good laa !

LHS said...

good learning since young. :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

I bet my 2 brats would love doing this too coz they just love doing whatever we adults do. Good training mummy, hat off 2 u.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies