Sunday, July 29, 2007

Alone

Í spent time alone yesterday... DH went overseas (he left on Wednesday night) and LZ were at my Mum's place...

I cleaned the house and baked cookies on L's request. She asked if I can bake some for her teachers from the church. That was so sweet of her :) How can I say no to her?

After making 1 batch of the cookies, I decided to make another batch. Ya.... I washed the things twice! Silly me! I should have make 2 batches at 1 go!

Today, LZ happily gave out the cookies to all the teachers/helpers at the church. Actually, Z gave out only 1 pack, which was for his teacher and he ran off to exchange gifts with the coupons. L gave out the rest. I have prepared 20 packs and all was given out. It was a hit! If you have time, do try out the cookies :) Recipe from here.

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

-3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup granulated sugar
-1 egg
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-200g bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks


Directions:

-Set your oven temperature to 180 degree celcius.
-Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
-Mix the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chunks.
-Drop cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

4 comments:

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

So envy that you can always bake..i love baking. Next time must order the cookies fm you.

cheers,
astee

mama WnW said...

Hi LZmommy,

I've never tried baking before, would like to try.......
Any recommendation for a good oven for baking?

LZmommy said...

Estee

I try to squeeze some time for baking while taking care of my family :)
Oh! Then u will be my 1st customer but u probably will not want to order again after tasting it. Hahaha....

Mama WnW
It is fun baking, especially if our little ones are our supporters :) Do try it... I am using Sanyo brand and I'm not so sure which brand is good. I will check with my Mum as she has many yrs experience in baking :)

mama WnW said...

Ohh, please! and thank you in advance! You can let me know via email :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies