Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bento #99 & Field Trip

Bento #99
Baked tumeric chicken with toasted bread sandwiches, mandarin orange & chocolates.

L went to watch Wizard of Oz today which was organized by the school. Children were advised to have a hearty meal before going for the trip, that means they had their recess much earlier. I decided to prepare sandwiches for her and to lighten her load in her bag, I pack it in a disposable plastic wrap (for sandwiches).

The story of Dorothy and her friends, and their struggle to find what they feel is missing in their lives will touch a chord for many people. As you watch, their journey through Oz reveals the true characters of Dorothy’s companions - Tin Woodman, the most tender and emotional; Scarecrow, the wisest, and Cowardly Lion, the bravest. However, Dorothy’s desire to escape from the hopeless monotony of Kansas brings her only trouble and leads her through many dangers, until she too realises that what she is seeking is only a heartbeat - or a click of the heels away. In this magical journey through Oz I Theatre seeks to address our insecurities and reaffirm the uniqueness and value of every individual.

*info from Sistic*
She told me she enjoyed the show and I was glad that she went.

It was easy to prepare today's bento.smile I marinated the chicken last night and bake it this morning. While baking, I went back to take another 20mins nap. Yup... 20 mins of nap is so precious to me.smile Since I baked extra, I prepared it as a breakfast for LZdaddy & Z too. After serving them their breakfast, I realised I forgot all about myself! Hehehe.... Guess what I had for breakfast then? DURIAN! This is the first time I ever had durian for breakfast! So weird!razz

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am waiting to see a special 100th bento post!!! :D

Jan Lee said...

now you know what they all these short naps or 40 winks POWER NAPS?!!? kekekeke

Durian for breakfast, not the least bit weird because you are pregnant leh.....:)

Angeline said...

I love Wizard of Oz!!!!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies