Saturday, August 01, 2009

My Big Boy's Updates

On 29 July Wednesday, Z took his graduation photos.  So fast my big boy will be going to P1!  I know I'm gonna tear again (tears of joy of coz), just like the other time when I saw L went on stage with the graduation gown. 

We have received confirmation from jiejie's school and he is excited to be joining her next year. My big boy already told me he wants me to prepare bento for him.  Whenever he sees something at the supermarket thst he likes, he says he wants it in his bento.  Hopefully next year, I will be able to prepare bento more often.   I miss seeing how my girl's face lit up when she sees her bento.... I mean I still do prepare but not as often.

We have started teaching him the value of money and often encourage him to pay for stuffs, like buying bread or drinks.  This little cheeky boy always look forward to having change when he buys things. He often asks if he can keep it so that he can put it in his piggy bank. 

For his academic, honestly, I never worry much... Whenever he has spelling or 听写, I just have to go through once with him (most of the time). I hardly have to push him to finish his homework, most of the time, he has the initiative to do his work.  His routine when he gets home is shower-lunch-homework-play or homework then lunch if lunch is not ready.

He enjoys reading too especially books on dinosaurs and science.  His ambition is still the same, to be a scientist.  He will probably change his ambition next year. He enjoys playing computer but we have to cut down his playtime on it ever since he needs to put on glasses. 

In school, I am glad he is under a group of wonderful teachers.  He is being taught creative writing this year and recently he was asked to write about a  kind of vegetables (homework).  He chose tomato.  I told him to think of why eat tomato and how to eat it and he came up with this.  I thought he wrote quite well for his age.  

I like tomato.  It gives me vitamins and energy.  My family likes tomatoes too.  Tomatoes are vegetables.  If everybody eats tomatoes you will be very healthy, so you must eat tomatoes.  There are different ways to cook tomatoes.  We can fry it or cook it with soup or eat it with sandwich.  My favourite is sliced tomato with sandwich.

My Big Rascal, mommy loves you very much, you know that?  You have always make mommy very proud of you and you never fails to charm with all your sweet talks.   I think you learn to sweet talk from your daddy right?

8 comments:

Lydia said...

Your big boy's so like my gal, loves homeworks and computer games, haha. Tiffany would be taking her graduation photo too.. need to teach her how to smile, lol.

MomsyWorld said...

under your guidance, Z will grow up a fine young man :) He is like L, very independent :)

Rachel said...

he writes well! i'm sure he will be a star in P1 nexr yr, just like his jiejie.

Beautiful Love said...

Wow Z can write very well!

sunshinensunflower said...

I am really impressed with Z's write -up.... no grammar mistake at all !

Angeline said...

Oh Mommy, you call that quite well???!

I call that FABULOUS!!!
having one with the same age as your boy in my house, your boy is superb!

LZmommy said...

Lydia
I had to teach him how to smile too but I gave up in the end :p

Fannie
Thanks Fannie :) Hopefully he will be..

Michelle
Thanks Michelle :) I don't think so, he is not as active as L. :)

Beautiful Love
Thank you Vivien :)

Sunshinensunflower
Thank you :) I was impressed that there was no grammar mistakes too! Think Teacher Karen has taught him well and am glad to send him to the centre.

Angeline
Hehehe.. Thank you! :) But I still think ok lah..

blurblur said...

Yes, I think Z is doing very well!! There's no need to worry about him, Jane! You did well in guiding him! :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies