Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beanie @ 6 Months Old

Yeah! My little Beanie is 6 months old! Can't believe it! Time passes too fast....

He was doing well till lately he started teething. Appetite went down and have to start solid slightly earlier coz his weight gain has been my concern (not gaining enough at 1 month old).  I remembered Doc telling me to watch his weight gain.  I'm glad I do that coz he enjoys his solids and he eats FAST!  If I'm slow, he will 'grumble' Hehehe.... He eats whatever I prepared for him and any fruits that I give, that's makes my life so easy and I enjoy feeding him.  He usually has his meal in the evening, that is when LZdaddy is back home and all of us have our meal together.  I like it this way, family bonding time.  I think he eats quite a big portion for his age, I should have take a pic of his meal portion. He always must have his milk feed after his meal and sometimes before too.

@6 months:
- He weighs 8.2 kg only (weight measured at home).  I think he gain too little this time.  Hopefully it will be better once his teething is over...
- having solids once a day ( in the evening) and a serving of fruit.  I will increase it to 2 times after a month of solids.
- I'm still breastfeeding him and lately wakes up a few times in the night for feed!  He has been sleeping through the night before this.
- He loves looking at the fan moving!  Whenever I need to change his diaper or get him to stay still, I just have to turn on the fan.  He smiles when he sees it moving.
- He doesn't want to lie down on the bathtub (on the board), think I will have to do without it soon.
- He is able to sit for abt 11 secs unaided. Yup! We timed him!  LZ & I were counting how long he can sit on his own.  So fun!
- He moves backwards when we place him on his tummy.  We have to watch him closely coz he moves out of the mat quite fast.
- Attempt to tuck in his knees to crawling position
- He pulls his bumpers (in his cot) off all the time so that he can see us.
-  He enjoys reading time and for now his fav book is the farm animal with sound.
-  showing less interest in TV programmes which is a good thing.  He is more interested in looking at things around him and what are we up too. 
- Grabs anything that is within his reach and he is fast!  And when he grabs it, he gives me a 'victory' smile (looks like a victory smile to me)
- He pespires alot!  Just like LZdaddy & LZ
- He giggles when 哥哥 say "Z baby! Smile smile for gorgor and I am your biggest fan!" & he loves looking at 姐姐, his eyes follows her wherever she walks to.

Just realised I wrote quite a long update!   And I thought I don't have much to update on his 6 months or maybe I am too naggy!

3 comments:

blurblur said...

I think his weight is ok, he still looks as chubby as ever. :) I like the picture of him in a cap, so cute! :)

Oliveoylz said...

A very detailed update there Jane. Such a fun activity for the family...counting how long he can sit upright! ha.

Lydia said...

Hey you are not being naggy, nice update there abt Beanie! I like how he gave you a 'victory' smile when he grab something... these are the little things that's worth writing down :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies