Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Siblings & My Thought

Z loves his sister as well but at times they fight so much.  He has been warned lately not to lay hands on jiejie.  Sometimes I have to rush out from my room while breastfeeding Beanie to stop the fight.  When they are in really good terms, they gang up to bully LZdaddy or me.

Z has been a wonderful 哥哥.  I used to see him as a little baby who needs our attention all the time and when I was pregnant with Beanie, I was worried how he would handle it.  My worries was uncalled for. The way he handles Beanie may be a little rough at times but we all know that he loves him.  Sometimes, when I pick him up from school, he greets his baby brother before he greets me! I'm jealous!  Hehehe...

I think I have mentioned a few times L has been a fantastic 姐姐.  She helped me whenever she can, even when she is doing homework, she would stop for a while.   For instance when Beanie poo poo, she would come over and help me 'entertain' him while I clean him up.  If she hears him crying in the mat, she would go to him.  Z does do that too.

Before Z was born, I wondered if L would be a good jiejie and of coz I hope she would.  She turns out the way I hope she is or even better. Some friends ever mentioned that L's character is very suitable to be a 姐姐.  Whenever I apologize to her for not being able to spend time with her, she says "mommy, don't worry I understand."  I will not take it for granted. I will try to spend quality time with each of them. 

Of coz there are times that I wish they would make less noise, especially when Beanie is sleeping.  But being kids and so active, after being quiet for a few minutes, I can hear them running around and laughing loudly.

I love it when I nap/lie down with Beanie on the bed and both of them hang out in the room with me.  They said that they love being near me.  They will each have a book with them or watch TV on my bed or we chat.  They are always very curious how they were like when they were babies.

"mommy, am I like this when I was a baby?"
"mommy, who sleep the most?"
"who drink the most breast milk?"
"who is the most well behaved?"
"do I do that when I was a baby?"
"whose poo poo is the most smelly?"
"who started walking first?"
"who is the heaviest?"
 
& many more questions! They love asking the same questions again and again. They love to hear me telling them what were the things they did when they were a baby.  Actually sometimes I can't remember some of the things.  What I did was to read the diaries I used to keep for them before I start blogging.  I know eventually I will be old and will not remember many things so I decided to keep a diary for a each of them till I start blogging.

It is a joy to talk to them about it and it brought back so much wonderful memories.  I know I'm gonna miss our chats and bonding time when they are older... When they are old enough to have their social life or busy with their school work, they wouldn't want to or may not have time to hang out so often with their mommy.   I wonder what am I gonna do when I have so much free time in hand?   Nah...  I will think about that later, meantime, I treasure the times I have with my babies.  Why do Isounds like I am a very old woman huh?

2 comments:

blurblur said...

Whenever I complain to hubby that the boys are so 'sticky' towards me, he would answer: "It's only so many years that they would so 'sticky', when they grow, do you think they'll still follow you wherever you go?"

Frankly, I dread to think of that too..

We really ought to tresure the time we spend with them while they're still young. :)

Lydia said...

L&Z are so cute to even ask whose poo poo is the most smelly, lol! It's such a nice feeling to have your kids desiring to be near you.. they adore you, LZmommy! My pastor's wife just shared about how she has this "empty nest syndrome" now that her girls are big and busy(21 & 19yo).

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies