Saturday, August 29, 2009

K2 Open House

Today is a day that all of of us look forward to! We have not been inside the school for a long time and I thought there won't be any open house this year due to H1N1.  Z was definitely very excited about it, he told LZdaddy "Daddy, make sure you don't have to work this Saturday ok!  You have to come to my school to see my work." He need not tell me anything, coz he knows I will be there.*proud mommy*  I won't want to miss out anything that concern my kids.

Few days ago, he mentioned his teacher told him to bring some muffins for the open house.  I said "Huh?  Why?  Did she ask others to bring food too?"  He said the others were not told and he has no idea why and insisted that I bake some for today but I did not. Hmmmm...  I was extremely tired lately coz Beanie has been waking up often in the night.  Anyway, I thought he probably misunderstood the teacher, it could be the teacher told him to bring it for Teacher's Day.  When we were there, I don't see anyone brought food.   

Back to the Open House. As soon as we arrived at his classroom, he showed us where his work was displayed.  LZdaddy came in slightly later coz he needed to park the car and he showed him his work again.  We also looked through his workbook and I was impressed with the work he did! He did lots of creative writing, compared to L 2 years ago.  Btw, they have the same teachers and use the same classroom.

We talked to his teachers about his performance.  His main Teacher told us he was impressed with Z's reading skills. She told us that was what she noticed about him since beginning of the year.  She also said Z is a very quiet boy, obedient, able to write well and doesn't ask question.  Hmmm.... That I am concern...  This is not good when he goes to P1.  He needs to voice out when he is not sure.  Looks like I need to encourage him to speak up more often.

Then when I talked to the Principal, she said Z's reading skill is not that good but she does agree that Z is a very good boy.  I chose to agree with his main teacher about his reading skill not because she said better things about my boy but I have faith and am very sure about his reading skill. 
 Some of his work on display

We spoke to his Chinese teacher too.  She said Z tends to speak to his own group of friends only (he know them since K1) most of the time.  To encourage him to mix around with others, she changed their seats so that he mix around with others and it worked out well.  I appreciate the teacher's efforts.  Look through his Chinese file and not too bad but we still have to put in effort to make it better.

Overall, we are happy with his performance.  We just have to put in efforts in his weakness and prepare him for P1 next year. 

0 comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies