Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bento #80

Photobucket Image Hosting
Top: Onigiri with pre-cut squirrel shaped seaweed. Bottom: Veggie (which I forgot what was that called), HK shaped carrots, HK shaped luncheon meat, diced lucheon meat with egg and sliced strawberries.

This is a new 2 tier bento box which I have it for a long time that I forgot. I have another one which is for Z and I wouldn't get to use it till Z is in P1. For the top tier, it is meant for big size onigiris standing up but at L's age, I figured that would be too much for her so I placed a small onigiri instead.

LZ have not eaten luncheon for a loooong time and I thought it would be nice to prepare for her to bring to school and the left over, I fried some for Z. L was very happy with the bento today and she finished everything again. She said "I like to eat the luncheon meat!" and she asked for more when we got home. smile To think that she 'tricked' me and told me she didn't eat any of it at all! Hahaha... lol

I know some may not agree with me feeding my children processed food but I think it's fine if I don't do it often. Do you feed your children processed food?

9 comments:

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

I have no problems in giving my children whatever food they like, natural or processed.

Due to hectic lifestyle, i don't think we can prepare fresh food all the time,so these canned food come in handy.

OF course, like what you say, as long as it's not everyday, i believe it should be fine. PErsonally i also like luncheon meat.. : )

cheers,
astee

3lilangels said...

Wah, you've got so many bento boxes that you forgot about them?

I think processed food now and again is alright, so long they eat healthfully other times. Mommy needs some down time too.

Angeline said...

though its proven that it isn't healthy...but so long as its not poisonous, I don't see why not...I grew up eating can food and 'outside' food too...though I'm not a super human but I'm not that weak or easily ill-ed person either...

allthingspurple said...

Heck !! I myself like luncheon meat, How could I deny my kids that? haha.

Well, earnestly, I try not to, but I still am fond of them every so often. I try to use fresh fish and chicken for fish nuggets and chicken nuggets, do home made meat balls, but I like hotdogs and luncheon meat (spam) for packing bento meal. They do really speed up a bento packing.

I try to alternate once every 3 weeks or so. But sometimes I also feed my kids these twice in a week.

It's a debate. With my first kid, Kimberly, every food that goes into her mouth has to be fresh. with my second born, I have relaxed my regime somewhat.

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

i do feed Misha with processed food once in a while :)

Janice Chuah Education Blog said...

I agree ... process food once in a while wont kill! Cant deny - Instant noodles and luncheon meat r delicious!!!

Jacss said...

oooh...for d longest time i never eat luncheon meat already but i still remember it tasted so goooood! huby forbid me from buying so my boys didn't get to enjoy it yet....how good! but i dun mind serving them once in a while too!!

blurblur said...

I don't mind giving my kids processed food too! In fact,I'm a lover of luncheon meat and all...hee hee.. :P

sunshinensunflower said...

Everything in moderation, I feel ;-)

Yes, Nutty loves the Corn dog from Cold Storage after her enrichment.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies