Friday, September 26, 2008

Bento #87 & #88 , Children's Day Celebration

L's Bento:

Bento #87

Z's Bento:
Bento #88
Both Bento consist of same thing: Assorted maki, Pooh shaped apples and lotus roots.

Both of them celebrated Children's Day today in school. I was feeling sick this morning but I didn't want to disappoint them since both wanted to have bento today, especially Z. He was soooo looking forward to his bento.

L had her celebration 2 hours before school ends. A concert put up by teachers and PSG mummies. L told me she enjoyed the performance. Initially, I was asked if I can play the piano for the concert but I am not a professional leh... mrgreen The last time I did that was for my cousin's wedding march in when I was pregnant with Z. I was so worried I may give birth early back then. Haha... Anyway, the PSG came up with a skit for the children.

I think L's Chinese teacher very sayang her.smile She and another girl were the only ones getting little gifts from the teacher, a sharpener and a wrist pouch. She told me teacher quietly asked both of them to go to the office to get it from her after school. No wonder she came out so late today. She told me Valerie and her always help teacher so that's why she gave them pressies. I reminded her not to mention it to the rest, otherwise they may feel unfair or upset.

For Z, they celebrated it at another church with the rest of the school friends. He told me they sang and watched magic show by Uncle Nicholas. I can tell he had such a great time! smile Few days before today, he told me

Z: mommy, you need to pack snack for me. That means, you must prepare BENTO for me.
Me: Oh! So finally you can bring bento to school too. *smile*
He heard us talking about it all the time
Z: I tell you what mommy. I want to have sushi. The one with cucumber, the pink thing that is sweet sweet one (denbu), crab sticks and the one with everything mix.
Me: You mean I cannot just pack some snacks for you? Simply love to tease him *smile*
Z: Cannot! I want to order like jiejie. *smile*
Me: Would you like mayonnaise with the crabstick maki too?
Z: Hmmmm.... OK!

See how excited he was? smile

I was so blur! This morning, I reminded LZdaddy to send Z to the church side and not to the school AND I was so sure I was right that I didn't check the notice again. LZdaddy called from the church and said NOBODY was there! I panicked! I immediately called Teni to confirm. She told me we were supposed to send them to school and school has made transport arrangement for them to go to another church! See how blur I am! mrgreen

Moments later, LZdaddy called and said next time not to let Z carried such a 'girl girl' bag and he said the boys were carrying haversacks. See the pic? It is a hand carry bag with shinkansen on it. Aiyoh! Is it very girly? If I have known earlier, I would have used a haversack, easier for him. I thought they will be in school so let him carry that. Besides, this is a warmer/cooler bag. Anyway, Z never complains.razz

When I picked him up, he happily told me he finished everything! He even opened his snack box to show me.smile Teacher told me Z was very excited with his snack box and showed teacher what he brought when she asked.

9 comments:

karenyiau said...

Wow Bento is in the trend now leh, you can make such nice Bento, sure the kida are looking forward to it everyday... :)

Angeline said...

With such yummies laid infront of me... I would have finished everything too...IN A FLASH! *LAUGH*

allthingspurple said...

what a wonderful idea to pack lotus roots for bento. CAn you tell me which mode you cook it? add salt or steam or did you fish it out of soups?

L must be deserving of the affections the teacher gave her. I rather think that all these stem from the mother's hardwork in bringing up her child. Isn't it great to reap rewards now?

shinkasen? nope, don't think its girly at all. Perhaps the other boys were like carrying black or brown canvas tough looking ones.

Isn't it amusing how Z subtlely told you that you "need" to pack a bento for him? haha

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Wow..your children eat lotus roots? How do you cook it?

Very nice makis..looks so delicious.

Happy Children Day to LZ.

cheers,
astee

2xMum said...

Wow... I can't wait for my kid to grow up so that I could also prepare a bento for him to go to school!! :P

Angie said...

i like your sushi!!! i dont kn how to roll sushi leh...

LZmommy said...

Allthingspurple & Astee

I just steam the lotus :) My kids like it plain or when boil with soup.

Angie

Thanks :) You should see my sushi when I started out. I believe practice makes perfect lor :)

3lilangels said...

So clever of Z to order a bento too. Looks so yummy, no wonder he finished all. So nice to have such an appreciative boy.

Jacss said...

kudos to mumy....lovely sushi!! if not that i'd attempted to made it myself, i wouldn't know it's really not easy to do a presentable sushi! until today, my sushi still haven't passed...arghh!
it indeed made d parents feel proud when their child is d teacher's favourite student...i'm so proud of u, yes it must have been yr good upbringing!! sadly not all parents r gifted with such child....i'm not d lucky one when it comes to having well-behave children...sigh!!
btw, i like d shinkanzen bag....

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies