Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bento #89

Bento #89
Left container: Rice with denbu and bunny shaped rice. Nuggets, carrots, lotus and cucumber. Banana by the side.

Since I am feeling better this morning, decided to prepare bento for my princess. Realised I don't have much left in the fridge and so cook the nuggets for her and 'compensate' by decorating the rice.

Some of you asked how I prepare the lotus, I simply steamed it when I cook the rice. I remembered I tried out Elaine's recipe using lotus roots and it taste great too. My kids love lotus root so I boil soup with it too and I have another recipe that I yet to try out. Will share once I have try it.

5 comments:

Angeline said...

I hope your kids know how blessed they are to have a mommy like you...

allthingspurple said...

Hey thanks for sharing! steaming while cooking rice. that's killing 2 birds with one stone !

BTW did u get my email, Jane? on my friend, Sue?

Angeleyes said...

what is denbu ah?? sorry for my ignorance... hehehe still learning... :P

Rachel said...

beautiful..your bento is like an art piece..

so good to be able to fry stuffs..more option to bentos...I'm so restricted!!! ;(

Jacss said...

though it sounds simple...i mean d rice but by simply decorating it really made a big difference!! btw, i also dun know what's denbu la...hehe
yeah...great idea to steam while cooking rice!! thks

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies