Friday, January 02, 2009

1st Day Of School & Bento #106

Now that L is in P2, the anxiety is not that bad, unlike last year. LZdaddy sent her to school and I happily go back to bed since Z will not start school till next Monday. I missed being in her school to help out and to see her mixing around with her friends.

I wanted LZdaddy to send her all the way in to the school coz I was worried she will be lost and I also wanted to know how she handled it on first day but the carpark was full. My sweet little girl told LZdaddy it was alright.

She has been looking forward to go back to school! To see her friends and teachers! This year, she told me she wants to be a better student, that is to talk less in class. Hahaha... We shall see...

This year, we didn't get any new school bag or new uniform for her. I washed her old school bag and it was as good as new. For her uniforms, I sent her skirts for alteration. I explained to her that it is not a must to get a new school bag since it is still in good condition and we must spend money wisely. Of coz, not everything was old. I bought her a new water bottle, pencil case and some stationary. I think my girl is more matured now... She understands and told me it is alright and we should spend money on getting Beanie's things.

As she has the same classmates (except 1 new student), same form teacher and same classroom, she has no problem looking for her classmates and she was able to tell me what's goes on in school. Looked like what I worried was uncalled for. On the first day, the teacher already asked them to do some MCQ (multiple choice questions) questions! Wow! Work do come early! The teacher probably tries to find out if the her students have been working hard during holidays and she came home with colouring homework.

Bento #106

Bento #106
In the box: Pooh shaped ham sandwich, sliced cucumber, shaped sausages, mini apricots and grapes.

Just a simple bento to start school. I think the school holiday break is too long that I lost touched with preparing bento. And last night we were out till very late and didn't have time to do any marketing.

I thought what I prepared for her will be enough for her during recess but I was wrong! She told me after finishing her bento, she went to buy biscuits. Looks like I can't use all the small bento boxes.

6 comments:

Angeline said...

L is growing so well... that may not satisfy her tummy anymore loh...*laugh*

I can feel the 'relief' in you, that she is so familiar with everything in school now...

Angie said...

that is still a very sweet bento... i think we need to warm up making bentos just as the kids need to warm up to go to sch!! :D

3lilangels said...

My girl didn't get new bag too, as her existing one is only 6 mths old. She's happy enough with new stationeries. Sometimes, kids are easy to please.

you've done Pooh's features very nicely.

take care!

blurblur said...

That's such a nice bento!Yeah, L is growing so may need a bigger portion of food haha.. :)

Princess Geraldine's mummy said...

L is really grown up alot and a good girl...how I wish my girl can be like L jie jie?!

J@n!ce said...

I'm trying to figure out what is the food at the cover there?

My nieces & nephew's school do cater for food for the children during recess. I thought it was a good idea since the kids still doesn't really know how to manage their expenses :):)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies