Sunday, January 18, 2009

Busy Weekend

After Beanie's checkup and a quick lunch, we went to the agency to select our helper. Yes, we have finally decided that we need a helper. We have been preparing LZ mentally that we would soon be having a helper at home. Both were excited! I think they must be happy that they don't have to help me so much when she arrives. Hahaha... Throughout, Z has been asking when are we going to choose the helper, "mommy, when are we going to buy the helper?" *slap forehead*

I certainly do not wish to neglect my 2 older kids. With a helper, I believe I can leave the household chores to her and concentrate in taking care of them, be it their personal needs or academics. Also, I plan to breastfeed Beanie as long as I can.

Upon telling the agent what were our expectations, she gave us a few bio-datas to look at. When we have finalize the 3 helpers, our agent let us interview them through Skype. As this is our first time hiring a helper, we have no idea what to ask so the agent helped us. L told me she likes the first auntie we interviewed and Z was more interested in his gameboy (since the excitement is over after the whole morning wait).

After discussion, we have sought of decided to get this helper who has experience in children and is able to cook. I wish to get one without experience at all but time is not on my side and I need the helper to be able to work independently. I do not have the time to 'train' her nor do I have the time to let her takes too long to settle in.

My concern was she has many years experience, 6 years in Singapore. She has only worked with 2 families for the 6 yrs she was in Singapore and I think she must be good so the previous employer has extended her contract. As i have no experience in handling helper, I was concern if she will 'climb over my head'. LZdaddy wanted to confirm then but I told him I would like to think about it. The agent was very nice to 'book' her for us till Sunday.

After going to this agency, I told LZdaddy why not have a look at others too. So off we went to other agencies. We saw a few and talked to them but the truth is none was to our expectation. I think we have more or less decided on the first one we saw.

By this time, Z was very hungry and again we had a quick meal before we head off to Ikea. We purchased some stuffs for Beanie (cot & changing table etc) and also other things. Just as we thought we are done after everything at 11 pm, the staffs told us they didn't capture the items on the computer and they had to go thru it. Then the mattress for the cot was wrong and they have to search for it and do exchange for us. By the time it ended, it was already midnight! All because the staff who told us that the mattress was the right one! Arrgghhh! Now you know why we were out for 14 hours!

Sunday

Today was another busy day! L needed a haircut, Z needed a pair of new shoes for CNY, I need to get some ready made curtains for the house and we had to go down to the agency to pay deposit for the helper. I was so pleased that we have all this done within the day.
ps: we have already placed a deposit and have confirmed her as our helper. The agent spoke to her again after we left and she claimed that she is willing to work for us.

Sorry Mommies if I have not been visiting your blogs. Have been very busy and only managed to have time to update the blog.

7 comments:

blurblur said...

Glad to know that you've finally settled on a helper! Taking care of 3 kids alone and doing housework is not easy...at least now you have someone to share the load with you! :)

Oliveoylz said...

Glad that you've found a helper. Hope you've found your confinement lady too. Wow! You really have stamina...out for 14 hours!!! Go girl!

Angeline said...

"buy the helper???" *Huge Laugh*

Yeah girl, you truly need one!!!

allthingspurple said...

yea,yea, if extended 6 years, must be quite satisfactory. I know that I can't wait to send them away within the first 6 months if they are too set in their own ways at the expense of safety and hygene.

Jan Lee said...

Good good....at least one worry down.....how did you all managed to stay out for 14 hours....that's LONG....long for kids and long for you esp now so heavily pregnant....try to rest lar! heehee

Astee said...

hi LZmommy,

Good to hear you will have an extra "hands" to help you. It's really time saving.

Hope this helper will stay with you for the good 2 years contract and with her experienced, she shud be of great help.

All the best,
astee

NomadicMom said...

Waaa,,,Time flies hor? Seems like not too long ago that you mentioned you were preggers...now it's only about 6 more weeks to go (that is if you are not early)...

Yeah.. must have a helper lah... 3 kids, and then must do house work, a bit cialatt lor....
Filipina?

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies