Monday, March 02, 2009

Our Checkups

It has been 5 days since I delivered Beanie and we were told to go for checkup today. It has been a tiring morning coz I have been a 'cow' most of the time, getting L's bento ready and also getting Z ready for school.

We went for my checkup first and I was so glad to find out that my iron level is satisfactory. Doc also checked on my wound, it is healing well and I did my pap smear too. Doc is very satisfied with my healing and we discussed what happened that day.

Like my previous 2 pregnancies, I lost lots of blood. Every time the nurses pressed on my tummy (uterus), I started to bleed. This time it was no difference, but we were glad that we took extra precautions, a jab and a drip. Still, I was in the delivery suite for 5 hrs (after delivery)!

After my checkup, it was Beanie's turn. During all this time, he was sound asleep in my confinement nanny's arms. I was glad to ask her to come along, otherwise I will have aching arms. Hehehe...

Doc measured his weight and he lost 200g+. LZdaddy and I were worried and he assured that is normal. I told Doc Beanie did not poo since this morning and he said to observe him (he pooed as soon as we got home). Hmmm.... I thought they were supposed to poo every time they drink milk (that was what happened to LZ).

I told doc I have a tough time since yesterday trying get him to latch on coz we fed him twice (once to be exact) from the bottle and he sought of refused/ don't know how to latch on again, I was worried he was not getting enough milk. Doc asked how much did I pump out and I told him 60ml & 80ml. He said Beanie should have enough. I should keep on trying and not give up. So I have made up my mind to feed direct throughout, that means I will not be able to get more sleep in the night. There goes all the bottles!

Naughty Beanie peed when doc was checking on him without the diaper! Hahaha... This gave doc a chance to check on his urine too! He assured me Beanie is doing well.

I am feeling so tired.... I wonder when will I be able to get enough sleep...

13 comments:

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

Glad to hear all is well with you and beanie. You must try to rest as much as possible during this month. It's very important to regain your energy esp now that your confinement nanny is with you.

Regards,
astee

jean said...

welcome to the sleepless nights for the first 2 -3 mths...keke.... but my advice is that once beanie is able to sleep thru, let him cos lest bad habit form by keep waking at night for milk..... so that u can have gd sleep at nite too.

glad everything is fine...take care.

Jan Lee said...

Hang in there Jane....you are doing a great job....so happy for you and extremely proud of you, am sure your LZ and LZdaddy feel the same way too....*hugz*

Oliveoylz said...

Good to hear that ur wounds are recovering well...I think the paed's get it quite often, babies peeing during checking. he he...it's almost my turn with the sleepless nights...scared.

Angeline said...

hmmm...actually its normal that baby who are breast-fed don't poo that much, in fact, my younger one, who is totally breastfed direct (no pumping out at all), didn't poo for five good days... its normal, cos there are no impurities in breastmilk, but its important to make sure that baby pee regularly....

*knock knock* mommy, with a newborn baby....how to have enough sleep!!!!
at least for another 2 years?
*wink*

blurblur said...

Glad that both you and Beanie are doing so well! :)

The lost of sleep part...I'm still looking forward to my 'sleep through' nights...I wonder when that will happen?? :P

Do rest more and nap with Beanie when you can ya? :)

Angie said...

try to catch little naps as often as you can!

hv you named beanie already? or is he going to be just "beanie" in the blog? :D

Rachel said...

saw on my girl's blog that beanie has a name so came over...but guess you remove the post or something like that..

sunshinensunflower said...

Hang on there, LZ Mommy !

Milly said...

Congrats on the arrival of Beanie. I am glad you visited my blog and gave me the chance to find yours! I will return..

Shiny Stars said...

Hei must take good care of yourself. A happy mum = happy child.

With energy fully charged, then only you performed the best ya!

Take care!

Angeleyes said...

The sleep will not come until you hit 6 months! Try to feed lying down, so at least both of you can get some rest...

Hope you have a wonderful moo-moo journey!

2xMum said...

Congrats on the new arrival!!

Take care ya.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies