Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Beanie @ 9 Months Old & Check Up

It is harder to catch up with little Beanie or take picture of him nowadays when he moves around so much! It was like not too long ago that I was worried about his weight gain, if he was getting enough milk from me...  Now my little Beanie is growing strong, getting enough milk from me and eats very well.  It is tiring carrying him on the sling for long but I'm not complaining.   It is a good sign!

During full month, no one said anything back then how skinny he was to me except probably LZdaddy.... He was born quite heavy and not gaining enough weight under my care for the first 2 months.  I was really upset and wonder if I am doing him good or harm by breastfeeding him...  I give in to formula after more than a month of seeing him not putting on more weight, but only 1 feed a day and do away with formula (after slightly more than a month) as soon as my supply was enough for him.  I remembered those days when I pumped milk whenever I can to help increase the supply, drink fish soup EVERYDAY for almost 7 months.  I have to thank Eileen (aka BlurBlur) for the recipe.


 Pics taking on 25th Nov, the day he turned 9 months old.
Now my little Beanie is considered chubby by others.  I know to some of you may not agree with me but if you have seen him when he was less than 2 months old, you would agree with me.  I like what Blessed Mum said "Look at his little breasty!"  Yes!  I can see little breasty with a big tummy too. Hehehe...

He eats very well and eats everything (including his fair share of paper!  Yucks!).  He eats mee sua, porridge, pasta, potato and the list goes on....  Besides breastfeeding on demand, he has 3 solids a day and snack in-between.  He likes to feed himself using pincer grips and that can keep him occupied while we have our meal and he shows interest in our food.  Sometimes, I will give him a little rice from my bowl when I see him staring.

I give myself a little pat on the shoulder, heaving a sign of relief after the visit to the PD today.  PD told me Beanie's height & weight is on the 75 percentile now!  Beanie is growing very well but was a little distracted when Doc was checking his hearing on the left.   He was so engrossed looking at the nurse taking papers when Doc was making sound at the back (to check his hearing).   He made mommy worried for a short while....

Beanie had 2 jabs today, flu and Pneumococcal vaccines.  He was fine with the flu jab, no crying but he cried for a few secs for the 2nd one.  He is still a brave a little baby.  I think I would have screamed it was me.  Hahaha....

Beanie @ 9 Months (& 1 week) old:

Height: 73cm
Weight: 9.3kg (without diaper)
Head Cir: 46.2cm

- He likes to blow bubbles with his saliva.
- He makes ululating sounds by moving his back of hand over his mouth.
-  He likes to bang things on the table but frowns when he hears the noise
- He knows how to drink from straw.
- pulls himself up on furniture and begin cruising around (a short while)
- loves to play hide & seek.  We (Z & I) hide from him and jiejie will accompany him to look for us.
- Loves playing 'catching'!  We 'run' ahead of him and he will be on all fours trying to catch us.
- At times, he seems to understand when I said no, eg. when he crawls towards the entrance (where all the pebbles are), I said no and he stops.  But will continue and smiles when I said no again.
- He has 7 teeth now! The left lateral incisor is the 7th one..
- He tries to stack the cups on top of each other when he sees me doing it. 
- able to respond to his name at times.

2 comments:

Angie said...

快高长大,小朋友!!:)

Ricket said...

I can understand the frustration of see the baby not gaining weight. My boy was quite skinny too but now he's much better. Praise God.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies