Saturday, December 05, 2009

Not Once But 3 Times!

I'm still awake at this hour, just tuck Z to bed... I cried as I was covering him with his comforter.... He just came back from hospital and after having  his favourite Mac burger.

First time, year 2005... (read about it HERE)
He ran in the house, fell and fractured his left arm.  Then, he was not even 2 yr old....

Second time, year 2008... (read about it HERE)
We were at the playground and he fell from the monkey bar...

Third Time, year 2009...
Our neighbourhood are currently doing upgrading work and it was very noisy.  Beanie had a tough time falling asleep this afternoon.  I decided to nurse him and nap with him... Knowing that LZ will make lots of noise and I can't keep an eye on them when Beanie take his nap, I told LZ to play computer games or their chess.

After some time, instead of doing that, Z was 'sparring' with jiejie... He raised up his hand to block her kick...  I didn't know about it till I send Z for his piano class, which was 2 hours later...  His thumb swell a little but he was able to move it.  We went ahead with his lesson, since we already on our way there and too late to inform his teacher.  I was praying in my heart that he will be fine...

When we got home, I checked on his thumb again... Nope,  no miracle at all and in fact, it was more swollen than before.  I was very mad with L!  I was controlling myself not to scold her but I can't help it...  Later, she left for ballet feeling very guilty...

I wanted to bring Z to the hospital myself but Beanie is too young and I didn't want to bring him along and my maid has no experience with kids..  We waited till LZdaddy comes home from work.  He brought Z to the clinic, he was hoping too that it was not as serious as last times.  Doc suspected a fracture and advised them to go hospital..

Our worst fear was confirmed after the x-ray...  He fractured his thumb and have to be on cast again!  LZdaddy told me Doc jokingly said that Z must be an expert now, know how to shower without wetting his arm and knows how to take care of it!  How could he joke about this???

I cried the moment I saw him with the cast.  This can't be happening again!  H was very tired but he let me clean him up and changed him.  Then he had half the burger and went to bed...

Gosh!  My poor little boy, how many times does this have to happen to him?  Why? Why? Why?   This is not the kind of birthday present for my little boy!  His birthday is next week and he was soooo looking forward to a day of fun!  I have planned activities for them.... He will be starting school in a month time and will he be able to write properly?  Will his thumb be able to function like it used to?   I seriously need to speak to the doc and ask him for advice on how to strengthen his bones. 

I am a lousy mom.... I did not take good care of Z and allow such a thing to happen again and again... I wish all these mishaps to be on me, not my sweet nature boy... He doesn't deserve all these!  Let it all happen to me!  Not him PLEASE.....

*Thank you all for leaving comments and showed your concerns in FB. *

6 comments:

sunshinensunflower said...

Jane, I can truly feel your agony as a mummy when the little one gets hurt. I also rather that the pain be on myself too. But don't blame yourself cz accidents do happen at home. Take care.

Ricket said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, you are a fantastic mother. Kids heal fast, he'll be good as new soon.

From here, he'll learn to take care of himself. God let it happen for a reason.

Angeline said...

Yes, said it in FB and wanna say it here again....
Its NOT your fault. Stop beating yourself up.
You KNOW it was an accident!

cendrine said...

Hi Mummy Jane, may you and your family have a merry merry wonderful Christmas ! :D

Angie said...

Hey Jane. Don't be so hard on yourself although I do understand your heartache. For fractures, children heal very quickly and in most cases will not have any permanent damages.
I have said it in FB and I want to say again too. These accidents will toughen Z up both physically and emotionally. I believe people will only grow when they fall down (literally and metaphorically). Z, do you agree with Auntie Angie? *wink* must be more careful in the future, ok? Hope you recover soon!

stardust said...

Sorry to hear about this.

Like many others have said, do not be too hard on yourself since this is really an accident.

Boys indeed do play rough! I had the bad experience of my son sprained his ankle when he was aged 2+ too just by running around the house himself.

Hope your Z will recover soon!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies