Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What happened - Part 1

On Monday evening, my friend and I arranged a play date for our kids. They have not seen each other for quite some time and I have something that I wanted her to pass it to our friend in Amsterdam.

Things was fine, the kids played bubbles and at the playground. Safia and I kept a lookout for our kids at times. Then suddenly I heard Z crying very loudly.... I saw him sitting on the floor and his sister nor his friends were with him and I rushed to him.

He told me he fell from the platform where the monkey bar was and his right arm very painful. We sat on the bench and convinced him to let aunty Safia have a look at his arm (he didn't allow any of us to touch it). Aunt Safia (used to be a nurse) couldn't find anything wrong with it but I was sure he has fractured his elbow AGAIN! Slowly, I saw that his elbow started to swell.sad

We went home and I rushed to give LZ dinner as I knew when we go to the hospital, we will spend a long time there. At that time, Z couldn't move his right hand at all and I had to feed him. When we rushed out of the house, I realised I have not taken dinner myself!

If you have been to KK, you would know that first, they have the nurses to assess the condition and THEY COLLECT CONSULTATION FEE too before you get to see Doc.mad Z was immediately sent to the 'red' door where he got to see the doctor first and have a x-ray done. Doc confirmed my greatest fear, he fractured his arm again AND it was not the previous time (which was a hairline fracture). This time, there was a crack on the bone and he has to be admitted to the hospital immediately and probably need an operation.sad

It was Oct 2005 when he fractured his left arm... He was not even 2 yr old! I wrote about it HERE.


Photobucket
While waiting to see the doctor again after the x-ray.


By this time, I couldn't help but cried.... Z too... I knew I shouldn't but My heart ache when I heard. And it got worst when they have to change his bandage. He cried madly when they tried to straighten his hand and he grab hold of my hand. I felt so helpless.... All this time, jiejie was with us. She looked scared and worried... While we were waiting for Z's turn to take x-ray, she was so sweet to take care of Z and helped him. At times, Z threw temper at L and she just kept quiet. Sweetie, thank you for being so understanding.

While waiting and filling up forms to be admitted, LZdaddy came. Haiz... I don't want to elaborate further what happened when he came... He brought L home and I stayed with Z. I think he would rather have me with him at that time...

When we reached the ward, it was about 2230hr....

To be continued...

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Monkey Bar? I thot the govt have taken away all the monkey bar in the playground with the high accident rate!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

I am sure all parent will feel the heartache when their child is hurt.
is Z better now? any pain?

Par said...

I hope he will get a smooth and speedy recovery.

LZmommy said...

Rachel
According to the hospital, there's still lots of injury with the monkey bar.

Ling that's me
Thank you Ling, he is much better today :)

Kay
Thank you :) I hope too...

LHS said...

OMG..my heart sank to bottom too when i read this....

Angeline said...

I would have cried from the moment I saw him fall till his bandage was done....it's truly worrying.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies