Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oúch

My friend found out that it is advisable for us to have our flu jab if we are going for our holiday. Daddy had his flu jab done few months back, so today I went with LZ to have ours.

Z said "mommy, you know today we in and out of the house many times? " Yes we did! We went to the market in the morning, then to the clinic to take our queue number. An hour later, we went to the clinic and waited 15 mins before we get to see the doctor. Doctor put a small patch on LZ's buttocks so that they will not feel the pain when they have their jab. But we have to go back there 1 hour later for the jab. So went home to have our lunch....

An hour later, we went to the clinic again.... Both were nervous abt the jab... They were scared of the pain but I assured them it feel like ant-bite and it will be over very soon. They told me they didn't go to the toilet at all, they don't want to touch the patch at all. Hahaha.... I suggested Z to have the jab first as I remembered he did pretty well at the dental clinic. I was wrong! I put him on my lap and tried to turn his head away but he struggled to look at it. Doctor accidentally poked at the wrong place coz he was struggling, worst of all was that the patch was out of place and doctor can't find the numb spot. He cried and stopped only after doctor gave him chewable vitamin C tablets. The patch was out of place coz he was scratching it....

Then it was jiejie's turn.... She was scared after looking at Z... I put her on my lap, told her not to look at it and don't struggle. Doctor found the numb spot and gave her the injection. You know what? She laughed while she was having the jab! Well done Sweetie! Since baby, she has never cried whenever she went for jabs. I should have let her go first... Then it was my turn... Both stood in front of me and waiting to see how I would react... I didn't feel anything, coz I have a thick layer of fat! Hahaha.... They were so impressed with their brave mommy :)

I wanted to go the mall with LZ but Z complained that we have been in and out of the house many times. Then in the evening, he complained why we never go to the mall. *_*

8 comments:

blurblur said...

Brave mummy...hee hee. I hate jabs, i remembered there's once i was down with diarrhea and the doc wanted to give me a jab, i told him, "Can i do without the jab?" He was like "Huh? Why?" haha..

LZmommy said...

I am not brave :), it that I have really a thick layer of fat! Hahahha...
You sounds like my hubby! Hehehe...

Anonymous said...

haha but how come jiejie was laughing when she got the jab? was it ticklish?

Everyday Healy said...

LOL! L... you are amazing! I admire you. hehe...

Clement said...

wah, your L very steady pom pee pee leh~ Bravo!

LZmommy said...

MamaTang
Dont know why she laugh too :) Think she must find it weird that she doesn't feel anything and her didi cried :)

Everydayhealy
I think I am really fat on my buttocks that I don't feel anything :) So I'm not that great :)

Clement
I think she is really very steady also :)

LHS said...

haha..salute you. A brave mommy.

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Wow..thanks for sharing this impt info. Since next year we are planning for OZ.

rgds,
astee

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies