Saturday, November 03, 2007

We Have Clean Teeth!

Yes :) LZ finally went for their first dental checkup! What a lousy mom I am.... L is going to be 6 and she just went for her first dental checkup..... We have been talking abt it for yrs (going to dentist), explained to them a few times what it will be like when you visit the dentist and I finally made appt for today. I had to book the appt 2 months ahead!

Last night, daddy explained to them what it would be like and they were very excited. I also told them that their friends, Rachel & Charmaine goes to the same dentist too, so I think they felt better :) This morning, off we went to the clinic! After filling out the forms, we waited patiently for their turns. Less than 5 mins, they were in the room.
Dr Ng was a friendly Dentist. He greeted us with a big smile and we started chatting almost immediately. We found out that he is a Liverpool supporter too! We asked L to go ahead first, we thought she would set a good example for Z. But L refused to and I think she was scared.... So we asked Z instead.... Without a second thought, he made himself comfortable on the seat :) What a good boy! He was very relax while Dr Ng was checking on his teeth. Dr Ng asked how long was he on (milk)bottle and I told him I breastfed him for 1 1/2 year, thereafter he was using the sipper cup. He said it's good that Z wasn't on bottle and children who sleep with/used their bottles tend to have cavity. He said no wonder Z teeth was in good condition :)
Then it was L's turn.... She was quite tensed when she was asked to sit down and she relax only when she was asked to rinse her mouth. I think I was feeling tensed too! She was using bottle for a quite a while (till she was almost 3, I think) before she changed to using cup. I was so glad when Dr Ng said her teeth was as good as her brother! Phew! I told Dr Ng L was asking when her teeth will starts to drop as she envy her friends. Funny right? Hahaha.... Anyway, after hearing Dr Ng 'horror' stories, she thinks it is better to have the tooth fairies visiting her at a later time. Hahaha...

I am glad that we have brought them to the dentist and to know that we have been taking good care of their teeth :) As we were walking out of the clinic, both can't stop smiling :) Coz they wanted to show their polished teeth!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brave LZ!!! I am still afraid of going to the dentist until now :(

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies