Saturday, November 24, 2007

Grandparents & Our First Time

My mom has been nagging... She missed LZ and has not been seeing them. Nowadays, they seldom to go over to my mom's place on Saturday as we usually plan to spend time together with daddy. Today daddy has to go for training so they went over to my mom's place.

When they go over to my parents place, they are 'freed'! I wondered why my parents treat us different when we were young.... They were very strict with us but when it comes to their grandchildren, they are not :) No wonder LZ love to go to their house. They brought them to the playground to have fun and bought colouring pencils for them to draw. My parents house is full of their VCDs and DVDs.

Today was a chicken rice day too :) LZ had chicken rice for lunch & dinner. My parents packed for LZdaddy & me too :) That's my reward for clearing the house. Hehehe... My dad's chicken rice never failed to bring a smile to my face :) I have been eating it since young and I still love it!

Late afternoon, LZ went for their art lesson. They were supposed to go on Thursday but we went for the Disney's Magic Show. After the lesson, I decided to take a bus with LZ. Yeah! I finally took a bus with LZ! Without anyone with me! I can't remembered when was the last time we took a bus. LZ was very excited and so was I :) Perhaps to others, this is no big deal.... but this is our first time :) , though only 4 bus stops. I have to do this more often... Taking taxi is not cheap and they have to get used to it too... Next year, we will be doing it more often.

7 comments:

Angie said...

My same sentiments!!! My parents love my daughter more than they loved me!! and they openly tell me that. walau eh. dont need like that mah.

Anonymous said...

Guess all grandparents are alike!!! And WOW!! you finally took a bus!! Try MRT next time, its more fun and my kids really loves it when they are on one!!!

LZmommy said...

Angelcow
Hahaha... Mine never say it out but their action proved it :)

Michelle
Yes! We finally did it! Errr... MRT? That will be another big step I have to take :)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Wow..homecooked chicken rice is my all time favourite.

Yeah, taking bus/mrt is a "luxury" to the children and trust me, they will enjoy it.

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

well...my Dad used to scold us if we whine and cry for the wrong reasons...never so with ethyl tho'

WHen Ethyl did something wrong, we reprimand her, the doting gong gong will be so upset with us :( so diff in the treatment!

LHS said...

it is common for grandparents doting their grandchildren. my parents too :)

finally bus? haha...but take bus with kids very inconvenient huh?

Anonymous said...

Haha! I think all of us here experienced the same treatment. I would say, "that is because they are grandparents and their duties now is to play with their grandchildren. The teaching/discplining part is now to us."

These are healthy because grandparents work hard almost all their life for us so now it is our turn. They do (I believed) still guide our children but not the same way as they to us :)

Happy bonding!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies