Tuesday, June 05, 2007

He Knows

While the 3 of us was on my bed chatting

Z : Mommy, jiejie saw the SpongeBob show and I never, you know...

Me : How did you know jiejie went for the show? Did she tell you? Or someone else?

Me : (Shock and turned to L) Jiejie, 你告诉弟弟吗?

L : 我没有。妈妈,我真的没有跟他说。
She was shocked that didi knows too.

Z : I find out myself. Jiejie did not go to 伯伯's house for a swim. I know she went for the show.

Oh dear! He knows! And all this while he kept quiet.... I feel so guilty now....

Me : Are you angry with mommy?

Z (smiling): No, because I swim and play in 伯伯's house.
I'm so glad that I have planned something for him that day


L : Mommy, next time we bring didi go see the show ok?

I will.... The next time when they come to Singapore and he is still interested, I will bring them for the show. I think my boy do understand mandarin more than I thought. I'm sorry baby....

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wah, at least he's not angry. So understanding!

Little Impala said...

Never underestimate a child's language capability. They may not speak the language, but somehow will still pick it up if you use it often in front of them. :)

Little Impala said...

Oh btw, I just moved to crazymommy.weblogs.us. Pls update your blogmark. ;)

Anonymous said...

uh-oh...but he is a very understanding little boy :) I know u feel guilty, i will too, if in ur shoes! Your console is, he isnt upset abt this whole thing :P

Anonymous said...

Next time must bring him along...haha.. Although he doesn't speak Mandarin much, he should be able to understand it quite a lot now. :p

LZmommy said...

Wokking Mum
Yup! Otherwise, I will be at a lost how to handle it :p

Kelly
I should have known that he understand more now... Now I have be more careful when making decision like that. Buy extra tickets :)

Fannie
I'm so glad that he was not angry with me or upset :)

Crazymommy
K, I will update it :) U are right! I shouldn't underestimate my boy.

Anonymous said...

1st time here. :)

Can't read the chinese word .. hehe sorry don't understand chinese either. :P shame shame.

Kids keep quiet but the listen!!! We are really careful when talk ... they listen to every single word.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Kids tend to hv an uncanny ability to understand everything that we adults say, in all languages. I sometimes spell out words to my hub or maid if I dont want my gals to know our conversation.

Anonymous said...

How did he find out? Yes, jie jie did not go to bo bo's house for a swim, but she can be at somewhere else mah? Z is smart! He is a small boy but is magnanimous!

LZmommy said...

Twin
Thank you for visiing :)
It's alright that you don't understand :) In Malaysia, it's not a must to learn mandarin right?
Agree with you that I have watch what I say...

Healthfreakmommy
I can't do that anymore coz L will try to make up the words! :p So now we speak hokkien which I 'm not good at..

Idy
He said he knows so I figure he overheard our conversation. Think nowadays, we have to talk after they sleep!

LHS said...

Z so smart to find out...but he is very understanding boy

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies