Monday, June 11, 2007

Lollipops Young Scientist - Making Your Own Lollipops

This afternoon, L went for the lollipop class (children age 5 yrs to 10yrs). She spent 3 hrs there and came home with a "certificate" and 2 lollipops.

It was interesting according to her :) Things that she learnt:

  • observing how the mixture turned out
  • appearance at different steps
  • What happen to the sugar when mix with hot water - dissolved
  • Why did candy turned hard
  • was asked to draw the solid molecules
  • hands on to make their own lollipops and wrap it themselves
At the end of the lesson (before wrapping their lollipops), they were asked to fill up the "test" paper. Looking through the paper, I thought it was tough for her age but she did pretty well. I asked her if she fill in the blanks herself and she told me she did it on her own. She also said that when didn't understand what was the question, she asked the teacher. Well done Sweetie!

Me : Who will get the lollipops?

L : I'm giving the chocolate one to didi. I know he likes chocolate... The strawberry one for me because I like strawberry.

Me : Oh! How about daddy and me? You mean we don't have any?

L : Mommy will take a little from didi because you like chocolate and daddy will take a little bit from me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lollipop making sounds like lots of fun....L must have enjoyed herself very much!

Wah you good ah, enrol your kids in lots of activities hor! Good mummy!

Everyday Healy said...

Hi, this is my first time dropping by. And I saw a pretty gal on ur blog!

what's ur princess's name? I like little gals who is not too skinny, just like your baby.... :)Anyway, where are you fr?

Just wanna say "hello" to her!

I wish one day my girl knows how to make a lollipop for me and her daddy too. :)

Very good holiday program.

Huisia said...

the way L talked very lovely..and can feel like she is very thoughtful girl

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies