Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wet Market

This week I brought LZ to the wet market twice, it wasn't their 1St time to the market though.... When we went there few days ago and before we leave our house, I warned my kids not to say things like "yucks", "smelly". I was worried that they would blurt out words like these.... Lucky for me, they did not. The only thing Z said was "mommy, let's go. Let's get out of here."

I still remember the 1st time we bought L to the market when she was very young, she said "so smelly! " . Now that she is older, she is more considerate. She knew if she said things like this, she may hurt other's feeling.

They don't get to go to the wet market often.... So this school holiday, I would like to bring them to the market more often. I want them to know that you can get fresh food not from supermarket only =) Let them see the food that they sell especially the different types of fish etc.

They have been behaving themselves these 2 visits. They waited patiently at the side, either I was choosing the items or waiting for the aunties/uncles to clean/prepare food. Z did mentioned "let's get out of here" again but this time, he said it softly.

Today at the market while I was buying something, I asked L if she remember where is the chicken stall as I wanted her to pick up the duck for me (wanted to see her reaction). To my surprise, she said ok, then holds Z's hand and they walked towards the direction of the stall. Don't worry, they were within my sight (I followed them but kept a distance) =) After collecting the duck, they waited for me in front of the stall. Impressive huh? Soon, I can ask her to do marketing for me :D Oops! Daydreaming again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, L can be good help at marketing next time. haha. so clever. and she got a good memory too.

LHS said...

so next time you have a good helper lo :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

I am also interested to know how u cooked the duck, hahaha.

Unknown said...

If we stay near each other, L and Z and hang out with Warren and Trenyce. We go to the wet market every other day. Warren can bring them on a tour round the market. LOL

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies