Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Can She Do it?

Yesterday when I went to pick L from school, her Principal asked to speak to me. I thought perhaps L did something wrong (how can I be so negative?)....

Probably seeing my worried look, Ms B smiled and told me she needed L to do something. She would like L and another of her classmate (separately) to make a speech for the Graduation concert. Wow! My girl make a speech during the concert? "Are you sure she can do it?", that was the first thing I said to Ms B. She said she has confident that L will do a good job. After hearing that, I feel so proud of my girl :) Out of 22 students in her class, her teacher selected her! She gave me the script and I was shocked! It was a long speech and I am worried that she may not be able to memorize the whole thing....

When I told L, she was excited but worried too.... "Mommy, I'm not sure if I can do it.... " I encouraged her and assured her that I will help her with it. If she still think that she can't do it few days later, we will inform her principal so that she can find another child to do it.

The next day, Ms B spoke to me again.... She decided to change the script. Instead of her alone giving the speech, she will be doing it with another girl. Both will be like talking to each other and welcoming the guests as well. When I see the script, Phew! This is so much better and it will be more lively. When I told her she will be doing it with Charlene, she was very happy :) I also read out the script to her and she is confident she can do it.

I am looking forward to THE day!

2 comments:

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

I believe L can do it.. : )

regards,
astee

Anonymous said...

You must be very proud of her :-)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies