Wednesday, August 15, 2007

So Fast?

Since last month, L has been telling me their preparation for their graduation. What? It was only July then and they have started preparing it? L told me that they will be singing and dancing :) She also said that her teacher will be selecting 2 boys & 2 girls for the skipping rope segment.

During last weekend, I asked her how was the preparation. She told me she was selected for the skipping rope and they yet to decide on the other 3. Wow! My girl will be skipping! Honestly, I didn't expect her to be selected and I told her before that it is ok if she is not chosen coz they will be performing a few items and perhaps she will be chosen for others.

That reminds me of what one mommy said to me. She was upset that her child was ill and had to stay at home for a week. Her girl (I think she too) wanted so much to be selected for the segment. Now that she will be missing school for the whole week, her mommy seemed more worried that her girl not being selected than her health.

Then I also found that all the girls was hoping to be selected for it except my girl. She said she is not a good skipper and some of them were better. Hmmm... I think my girl lack confident.... I assured her that if she carry on practicing, she will be a pro :) and it is ok if she doesn't do well on that day, as long as she enjoys.

Personally, I think it is ok if my girl is not chosen for that coz all the K2s will be the stars for the day :) Sometimes I wonder if parents are focusing on the wrong thing.....

1 comments:

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yes,one of my friend's called it the Parent's Trap. Sometimes,parents are the one that are being more KS than the child.

I like your positive attitude and the way u relate the situation to L.

That's what my hubby always tell Anthea, "in life,sometime u win a little, sometime u lose a little." So to let her know - it's not just WIN,WIN,WIn....hee : P

cheers,
astee

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies