Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Bento #49

Bento #49
Left: Sliced oranges & 'pinky' bear shaped hard-boiled egg. Right: smiley face sausage+wholemeal bread rolls.


A simple bento which my girl fancy once awhile which I like preparing too. I spent less than half hour to prepare it, including boiling the egg. Noticed the egg is a little pinky? I used a little colouring to make it pinky. smile I thought that would add a little colour to the bento but colour didn't turn out even... Will try again the next time.

9 comments:

mIcHe said...

i love looking at your bentos. can u show how you mold the hard boil egg? the egg wont break eh???

Unknown said...

hello.. i am really new to bento but find it very interesting. i thought bentos were for children until I came across your blog.. and you make it for your hubby :)..I am definitely going to try to make some for myself for lunch as the ones that you make for your hubby looks so yummy and nutritious too :D.

3lilangels said...

What a nice smiley bento - sure to put a smile on L's face. It's no wonder why you like making it.

I'm experimenting with dyeing eggs too, but didn't turn out well. I'll wait for you to perfect the method and learn your secret...hehe. Read somewhere ( kitchen cow?) that should dye first before moulding? I'd better go search for that post.

LHS said...

i found this http://www.e-obento.com/
maybe you would like it, it shows daily bento there. :)

emm...just make me so hungry now!

NomadicMom said...

wow... you spend alot of time on the bentos?

Angeline said...

I love the smiling faces.

Jacss said...

ooh....i also love the smiley sausage...great idea again!! colorful egg...sounds interesting!

Rachel said...

Nice smiling face...think u should rest more now...

Angie said...

how to draw the smiley faces on the sausages???

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies