Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bookworm Tag

Thank you Allthingspurple for passing this tag to me.smile Sorry it took me so long to post it.

This is a long one. Here goes :

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
I used to travel very often and to past time, I picked up reading.

What are some books you read as a child?
That is so long ago! I can't remember but I do remember one, Enid Blyton,

What is your favourite genre?
Crime, in Chinese or English.

Do you have a favourite novel?
No.

Where do you usually read?
I usually read outside their enrichment center or at home, on my bed or in the toilet. Sometimes, we read together in their playroom cum study room.

When do you usually read?
I read while waiting for my kids' enrichment lessons to end or during our silent reading time at home.

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
No.

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
No.

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
I used to buy books more than 10 yrs ago, till I came across this book store in my neighborhood market. Now, he knows what kind of books I like and will recommend it to me. I can sell the books back to him at a lower price and if I like the book, I keep it. For Chinese books, I borrow from the library.

Do you keep most of the books you buy?
I kept them till last year I invited our nieces and nephews to my house to choose what they want.

If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?
Yes, Enid Blyton, That's the only one I remember razz

Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
Yes. Those under Peter Robinson. I have 2 or 3 more of his books that I haven't read.

What’s next?
I'm still waiting for the vendor to bring in the other books from Peter Robinson.

What books would you like to reread?
I usually don't reread unless I finish reading the book that I have.

Who are your favourite authors?
Henning Mankell, Peter Robinson, Hakan Nesser and the Chinese author who wrote Wesley stories.

And I love to pass this tag to :

Angeline
Louisa
Michelle (you can choose where you want to post itsmile )

3 comments:

Rachel said...

hi LZmommy..Thanks for your tagging..I got the tag from her too..can I just add your name on the post which I already posted on my boy's blog..

heehee..we really have many areas in common, don't we?! Can wait to come back and SEE you!

Angeline said...

Yeah! Thank you! *Muack*

allthingspurple said...

Thanks for doing the tag, LZmommy. Must check out how is Peter Robinson's books. It's a new author to me.

glad to have known you better through the tag!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies