Saturday, July 19, 2008

Finally

What Z went through yesterday was horrible! I think it will stay with him for a long time.... And me too.... Since last week, I told him that he will be going to the hospital for a 'checkup' on Friday . I didn't want to tell him that they will be removing the pins. I knew that if I tell him, I will have to drag him in.

He has been asking what will they be doing. I told him that they will do an x-ray for him and Doctor will check on his elbow. He didn't seem to believe me.... He asked about the pins... I told him I'm not sure will they removing it today. I told him a lie...sad

When we were outside the x-ray room, he told me he didn't want to go in and he is scared. LZdaddy was still parking the car. The nurse was very nice to offer to go in with him but he only wants me. Haiz... I explained to him if mommy goes in, baby will be hurt. My sensible boy said he will go in on his own. When he just stepped in, LZdaddy came in with L. LZdaddy immediately went in but he told daddy that he is ok. My brave boy!

When I saw the x-ray again, I cried...cry. I can't imagine what he will go through later when they remove it. We were concerned about the hand as LZdaddy saw one of our friends fractured his arm before(when he was young) and his elbow/arm 'curve' inward. If you stretch out your hand with palm facing upwards, you will noticed that your hands curve outward. Hope you understand what I mean. When we told the doctor our concern, he said based on what he saw in the x-ray, Z should be ok coz he was treated in time and using the correct method.

Z has not been back in school since the accident. Actually it was ok for him to go to school but we feared he will be pushed or hurt while in school. I asked doctor when can Z go back to school and he said let him rest for a few more days and let him return to school in mid week.

Doc said they will remove the pins and my boy was scared and said "NO!" Can't blame him.... If it was me, I would shout no too. LZdaddy and L (L's school closed for the day) waited outside and I managed to coax him to the cast room and he was fine till they tried to saw the cast. He screamed "Mommy! Mommy!..... " and grabbed hold of me. After that, he calmed down and started screaming when they removed the bandage and the nurse attempt to clean the wound before pulling it out. I asked for help from another staff as Z was struggling so much that I had a hard time holding on to him.sad

"Ok boy... look that way! " and out came the first pin, then the 2nd followed by the last one... I have never hear him screamed and cried so loud and I cried too. It hurt so much to see what he gone through and hear him screaming "Mommy! Mommy!..... " I wished I could take his place and bear the pain for him.cry

Photobucket
The 3 pins, each about 3 inches long.

My poor boy.... You are so brave..... Mommy is proud of you! May you never have to go through this again.... I immediately hug him when they were putting on the plasters for him and he hug me so tightly... One thing I must say was that my boy was so brave to look at the wound and the pins. He asked "Mommy, are these the pins that was inside me?" The cast technician asked if I wanted to keep the pins and I said no. The cast technician told me that he thought it was extremely painful for Z coz when he pulled out the pins, he felt the tightness of it. Gosh! If you asked if they numb the area, the answer is no.

We are glad it is over.... We were told after few days, we can remove the plaster but meanwhile we can't wet the area. Right now, Z had the removable cast which we requested. Doc said he only need to wear that when he goes to school but till now, Z refused to let me remove it. He has been scratching it since yesterday and hope by tomorrow, he will let me take it out so we can wash his hand properly.

16 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Brave boy. The pins are now and the worst is over. All the best for a speedy recovery.

Angeline said...

OMG!!! All these sound so hard to swallow!

J@n!ce said...

I freak out seeing the pins. Z is so brave. Hope he doesn't have to go through all those thing again. *hug*hug* :)

Rachel said...

You are such a Brave little one!

kelly said...

Ah, poor boy... *hugs*

allthingspurple said...

oh dear, the poor boy. Is there a reason to put a child through this pain? How come they didnt numb it?

mIcHe said...

really brave boy! i cried too reading this! can't bear seeing another innocent child get hurt. :(

Jacss said...

this is just so heart wrenching for a mom!! we 'felt' for you & your boy is indeed a brave boy! let's hope all d children do not have to endure pains!!

Joyce said...

Finally it's over. Wish your boy a speedy recovery.

Unknown said...

oh what a brave little boy...hugs!!

My Lovely 'A' said...

Glad to know that it is finally over. He is a very brave boy.

Take care.

blurblur said...

Ouch!! Poor Z...and poor mummy...glad it's all over already...hugs...

Clement said...

you know what they say: that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Be stronger, Z! :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Truly understand what you went thru coz I felt the same too when I heard my Baby C crying her lungs out during a test recently.

LZmommy said...

Thank you all for your concerns :)

LHS said...

my heart was beating real fast when i read this post, pity boy..

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies