Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bento #73

Bento #73
Top: Star shaped watermelon. Bottom: Baked bean macaroni with prawns, Japanese crabsticks, peas & quail eggs.

I remembered few years back, L never liked baked beans. She started eating it only after I went to her ex-childcare center to teach her class (K1) how to make toasted bread with baked beans. Recently, we went marketing and she mentioned it so I thought why not cook something with baked beans for her bento?

Haiz... She didn't really like it but she tried her best to finish it. She came home with the container full of beans! surprised She actually spent time 'digging' the macaroni and the seafood! My boy liked it though and I find it tasty too. I guess she only likes the cheesy toast baked beans... I am not going to give up! smile I will keep on trying till she likes baked beans just like some other food stuffs.

Nevertheless, she is much better than before. She is more adventurous now when comes to trying new food and taking it well. biggrin

5 comments:

Joyce Long said...

Oh..same for cherrlyn..she din like beans too. btw your bento looks yummy!!..nice..thumbs up.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

Angeline said...

I wonder if ALL firstborns have problem with 'trying new food'....so far its 100% true for kids over at my 2 sides of the family...

3lilangels said...

haha.... And I have girlet picking out all the beansprouts from her noodles. Kids!!

Jacss said...

hey what a coincidence, i received yr comment when i'm writing this...hahaha
yes, it can be strange why some ppl just don't like a particular food when it can be alright for others!! good that u r not giving up.....

Rachel said...

must have missed this post..really, maybe can use the same tactic, tell her R love baked beans and hopefully L take the bait too :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies