Friday, August 29, 2008

Teacher's Day Gifts

Photobucket

No matter how moody I am on Thursday, I have to keep my promise to my kids to bake cookies with LZ for their teachers. I think it was good that I did baking with them and it kept me busy the whole afternoon. It was LZ's idea to bake for their teachers and I thought it was a good idea too. I think homemade gifts is more meaningful.

I managed to find an easier recipe for the kids to handle. These were the cookies that we made on Thursday for their teachers. They were in charge of the measuring and mixing. Of coz I was the one in charge of the oven. smile

I decided to print the cards out as Z was frustrated trying to write on the small piece of papers. The whole day he kept nagging me to hurry print out the cards but I didn't get to do it till late at night. Those with yellow cards were for L's teachers and those with green cards were for Z's teachers. L had 7 bags to give out and Z had 6 to give out. I made one extra each for them just in case we missed out any teachers. I was glad I did that coz both decided to give to another teachers each.smile

On top of baking for the teachers, Z insisted that I bake M&Ms cookies for his friends. rolleyes They had a small celebration in class, so Teni (Joash's mommy) and I decided to make something for the kids. I was planning to buy snacks but my dear boy said no. When I was about to start baking, I realised I ran out of brown sugar! Arrgh! I had to wait for LZdaddy to buy it! And he didn't come home till midnight! I 'forced' him to cut the homemade cards for me and packed the cookies. Hehehe.. I was glad I took a nap while waiting for him... By the time I am done with the baking, it was already 4AM! I was so tired by then coz I have been sleeping very early since I found out I was pregnant.

L told me her friends also have things to give to teachers so they went to the teacher's room and 'hunt' around for their teacher's tables and place the cookies on it. She managed give out all before school starts. She also told me the school had a mini concert for the teachers, organised by the PSG mommies.

Z wanted me to go to school with him and I don't mind. I would like to help him give out the cookies, worried he might forget any of the teachers. Actually, Z doesn't have so many teachers but he likes to give out to teacher who has took care of his class when her main teacher was on MC and also his ex-teachers. I thought it was very sweet of him. I left as soon as I went around with him to give out the cookies. Z told me that his friends enjoyed the cupcakes and cookies which Teni and I had prepared. I think it was more like a Children's day celebration. Hahaha...

For my 'hard' work, LZdaddy decided to 'reward' me by going breakfast with me and we had a wonderful couple time. smile

3 comments:

Angeline said...

*Wheee-Wheed - Whistle*
Couple-time...precious...

when you decided to do it for the kids in school...I've already got a feeling that its Children's day too...

LZmommy! You are a GREAT mommy, dear, you are!

blurblur said...

You're really a very wonderful mom!! Doing all you could for your kids no matter how tired you are! I bet L and Z must be so proud of you! :)

Angeleyes said...

Wah LZdaddy is really sweet! I cannot imagine my ahbeng to help a single bit on things like that! He will say, "aiyah... waste time!"

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies