Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bento #76

Bento #76
Top: Ham, couple rice, flower shaped cucumber. Bottom: Sliced strawberries, dim sum and edamame.

I was supposed to make the ham into flower shapes but somehow it didn't turn out the way I want it. The rice on the right is a girl with a ribbon on top of her head and the bigger size one is the boy.

Nowadays, the first thing my girl does is to check what I have prepared for her, or rather how I display her food. This morning, she goes "Wow!" again.smile She loves the couple! She kept saying "So cute! So cute!" Hmmm... I better tell her I won't be prepare cute bento all the time and I will only do it when time permits.

Just now, she called from school during recess. I asked if she has eaten and her reply was "Mommy, I can't bear to eat the husband and wife. " Huh?! rolleyes I told it was just decoration and it is ok to eat it. My girl is so cute...smile

Today, she makes me happy by finishing everything in the bento again.biggrin

9 comments:

Blessed mum said...

ya..so cute how to eat!

mIcHe said...

all ur bentos are too pretty or too cute to be eaten. =)

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

the "husband and wife" are really cute .. :)

nice bento :)

WokkingMum said...

I also like this very much. Very cute! :)

Unknown said...

Aiyoh, i also don't have to heart to eat the husband and wife. You are so creative!

allthingspurple said...

love the girl with the ribbons and both onigiri's rosy cheeks!

Me too, although speed in bento packing is my main priority, I love to do foodart with my kids' bento. But I am also a tad concern about spoiling them.

Fortunately time does not permit me to do foodart with their bento (you know, those floral gardens and onigiri babies in stroller kind of art like those Japanese bloggers' sites) because as it is, my kids are turning up their nose at kiddy meals served at Sakae Sushi and Jap restaurants now.

It is a constant parental angst isnt it? Haha! To be or not to be !

Jacss said...

lovely mummy.... lovely mummy....
can udrstnd yr girl, heavy heart to eat such beautiful works, rather enjoy seeing it, haha
both yr girl & d couple rice r so cute!!

Angie said...

wah~~ you are a master of art!

3lilangels said...

Haha, so cute of L. She doesn't have to "bu se te" because her mummy will continue to make cute bentos for her, right?

The ham flower on the left looked better than the right. Maybe it was the arrangement, or maybe can cut them closer so more petals?

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies