Sunday, August 24, 2008

School Open House - Z

23rd August 2008

His handwritten invite for us

Z has been very excited with the School Open House this year. The teacher taught them how to write aninvite for us. Ever since he brought home the piece of paper, he has been reading it to us and requested me to put it up on the wall, for fear that we forgot about it. smile

He was so excited to the extend that he asked me if he can choose what he wants to wear for the day and he has been asking me for the past few days! Hahaha... So in the morning, he excitedly chose what he wants to wear and asked if he looks good. Of coz he does! biggrin

2 of his works that was on display

Before we go, LZdaddy and I knew that he wouldn't have many work on display coz he has been absent from school for a long period of time and my boy knew it too. It was very sweet of the teacher to try to let him complete as much as possible so that he doesn't feel left out. We actually stayed back a while longer on one of the school days so he can do a little more.

When we arrived, Z happily showed us, of coz Jiejie too, his works. He explained to us what he drew and what he had written. When we saw some of the worksheets he did, we were very impressed! I asked him did he do it with teacher's help or he did it on his own, he proudly told me he did all of it on his own without teacher's help. I think it was wrong of me to doubt him... We also went over to L's old classroom to say hello to her ex-teachers and have a look at what the k2s did.

Pics taken with Z's works, with jiejie & LZdaddy and Z decorating the egg

Just when we were about to leave, Z approached Ms B to remind her the egg decoration that she promised him on Friday. So we stayed a little longer so he can decorate his egg. Through this, I noticed my boy has become more vocal, he is more willing to speak up/ask. smile

LZ @ Indulge at Park

After the 'tour' of his work, my boy brought drinks for us.smile Since it was raining heavily, we decided to head home for a nap (more for me actually, hehehe) and head off for buffet at Indulge at Park @ Grand Plaza Hotel. Wow! The buffet spread was great and with my favourite cheese spread! We were back home in time to watch Liverpool against Middlesbrough. What a match! biggrin

14 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

Been raining these few days. Cold and wet... not able to do much outdoor things.

How's the baby coming? Still feeling tired? Need to get a maid.

Shiny Stars said...

What a nice family bonding day!

Now, I should ask my boys' school for open house too, as I would love to see their work/progress in the school too ;p

Jacss said...

looks like your boy is really treating the school, as if his home...touring his family around, so cute of him!!
btw, that's a good event to bring d rel/ship of parents v teachers closer too...and ultimately, the kids would be happy going to school!

Oliveoylz said...

He has really nice handwriting for his age and love the itsy spider drawing...

Rachel said...

His writing is so neat for boy of his age!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

Z writes very well you know!

btw, abt the Liverpool match, my hubby got scolded by me, bcuz he shouted GOAL !! YES !! so loud in the middle of the night; our 2 kids were sleeping while I was scared out of the wits. but I know, cannot blame him. tat's his passion.

kelly said...

Good job Z...keep up the good work! Jiejie looks so lovely in the pics. :)

allthingspurple said...

Haha. Z certainly sounds very excited! I noticed you cut his hair shorter now. And my, when L let down her hair, we can finally see her long glossy hair. Now I realised that most of her photos are taken with her hair tied up.

Z sure acted like a host at his school, bringing you guys drinks !That shows he is comfortable being in his school.

blurblur said...

His handwriting is very nice and neat. I'm sure you had a good time at his school, and I can see that he is very proud of his work! :)

Angeleyes said...

I'm impressed! Z is only 4 and he can write soooo well!

I've better buck up! :P

Angeline said...

wow! he is really a little tour guide, wasn't he? can imagine how proud he was with all his work!

From the photos, L looks like such a big girl, with that posh and mature smile!

LZmommy said...

EastCoastLife
Going for my checkup this weekend and hope baby ok :) Still feel tired and am considering getting a maid. Thanks for your concern :)

Vivien
Yes, it was nice of the school to organize an open house. Bring it on tho your kids school, perhaps they will do that too :)

Jacss
Yes :) He enjoys very much in this school, though the teacher is very strict.

Oliveoylz & Rachel
Thank you :)

Ling
Haha! Same like my hubby! :D

Kelly
Thank you :)

Allthingspurple
He is indeed very comfortable with the school :) I didn't realised till you mentioned it :) Think I should let her hair down more often ;)

Blur Blur
Thank you :) He is very proud of his work and we enjoyed the day at the school too :)

Angeleyes
Thank you :)

Angeline
Yes, he was very proud :)
Yes... No more my baby girl.. :)

3lilangels said...

Z can write so well, and is so mature to be a tour guide. My boylet still writes some of his letters backwards, never mind a whole invitation. Can't imagine him giving a tour of his school.

And L is growing so pretty with her long hair and sweet poses.

J@n!ce said...

Z can really write so well for his age. *applause* :):)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies