Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Change In Her

This is one of the few posts in my draft.... There are too many things to write. No matter how upset I am, I have to continue updating about my kids. It would be so unfair if I stop updating about them. Afterall, this is their blog...

Of late, my girl behaves differently, for the better of coz :) She doesn't run around like she used to (not that often) when we have dinner outside, doesn't play game boy as much as she used to (when we are out), instead I see her reading her books or chat with us/others.

She told me few days ago that she hopes to be selected as a prefect when she is in P3. She said as a prefect, she must set a good example to others, takes care of the younger ones, hand in her work on time and be good in her studies. But I think she is 'well-known' in class for being talkative... :p I hope I see a change in that :)

At home, she is still as bubbly as ever :) Plays like crazy with her brother! Hahaha... Sometimes they do go overboard. She stops when I ask her to (ok... most of the times lah). She helps out whenever I ask her to or she takes the initiative. Probably without a maid, it helps... She knows that if she doesn't help me, I will be very tired :) Come to think of it, she 'spoilt' me. Hehehe... I don't have to clear table coz she would help me, on the light for didi, she keeps didi company (to do homework) when I am busy cooking etc... ^-^

Usually after L's enrichment class, Michelle and me would have to remind our girls to keep their voice down or stop running around. This week they were so different! They both sat down reading books! Michelle and I was so impressed! We'll see for the next lesson :)

Photobucket
Whether she is selected or not (by then), I am proud and glad to see the gradual change in her. In the beginning, I was worried... I thought she was troubled or what. I talked to her and realised that my girl is hoping to achieve her dream (to be a prefect) and she said she is longer a small girl, so must behave like a girl :) At times, I do miss the way she was... But I guessed that part of growing up, she can't be forever behaving like a toddler. Sweetie, mommy doesn't mind you being your old self at times you know :)

3 comments:

Angeline said...

I think the change in girls are more drastic than the change in boys.

Saw it in myself, my sister, my nieces and my childhood friends...from climbing up and down like monkeys; to couldn't care less about sitting with legs open wide; to being caution about speech; to being aware of how we dress....

parts and pieces of what change a girl to a lady.

J@n!ce said...

I rem when I was in pri school, I hope to be selected as Prefect too. It just gave the sense of satisfaction n pride. LOL :D

However, when I'm in Sec school, I hope to opt out of Prefect cos it was just too busy being one... hehe ;p

Rachel said...

With her impressive result and her well-mannered/discipline, she definaely be selected! Tell her not to worry! I will vote for her : P

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies