Monday, May 05, 2008

She Cool & I'm Not

L had her very first Exam paper (English) today! I couldn't sleep well last night... I was thinking if she will remembers to check the papers. Will she leave any pages blank? Did I sharpen all her pencils and coloured pencils? Does she remembers the spellings for the exams (they will be tested on their last 2 spelling lists)?........One weird thing about me is that when I am too excited or stress, I have diarrhoea. I can't remember how many times I went to the toilet! Haha! Did I mention that it happened to me on my wedding day and when I was about to give birth to them? Hehehe....

For umpteen times, I have told her to check her works over and over again. Sometimes, she still does not check thoroughly. When we do worksheets, I remind her to check and sometimes she told me "mommy, you are right! I checked and I found a mistakes!" See? Mommy is never wrong on this :p

When I picked her up, I asked her so many questions :p She said "mommy! Wait! One at a time." Oops! Sorry sweetie :) Mommy is too excited and it is your first exams. She was so cool when she replied me *-* She said she finished her paper very fast! WHAT?! Uh-oh! She was so proud to tell me she was the second one to finish her work! When she saw my reaction, she laughed! Then she assured me she checked her work a few times. She probably thought finishing fast means you are good. But.... I have told her many times to do it slowly. It is either the paper is too easy or too difficult that she gave guessing answers.

Let's just hope she pass.... No point for me to ask her if she knew all the answers :) Tomorrow she will be having Maths and Chinese the following day. I told her if she pass and score 90% & above, we will go for a short trip. She is very excited about it! She asked me what if she score 100%? Well, she will get a pressie (she will get to choose), for each full marks for her subjects :) I know it is very unlikely she will score that as she is so prone to making careless mistakes. She was sooooo sweet! She said if I can get a pressie for didi too for that :) Everything she does (well, almost lah), she thinks of Didi :)

Sweetie, no matter what's your result is, I am very proud of you. I know you have put in effort and you did you best :) Tell you a secret.... We have booked for the short trip! Daddy and me has talked about it... We know this is your very first exams and we shouldn't expect too much from you. Hence, we booked the trip as a reward, for putting in effort in your studies and you deserve a break :)

3 comments:

Idy said...

I can feel the kind of anxiety a mother has by reading this post. My turn will come later :)

Rachel said...

don't worry..she will not only pass her exam but with flying colours!

She's a smart girl, so I think the paper is too easy for her.

My Lovely 'A' said...

This is how I felt when my son is taking the exam. Seem like we are in the same boat.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies